Where are all the ships?

I was curious where all the cruise ships are hanging out these days while they are "shut down" from passenger cruises.  There's been a few posts with Vlogs and such where crew have made posts about what they were up to.  I was cruise WHERE they are at.

Using the marinetraffic web site, I poked around.  Port of Miami is full of ships from Royal, NCL, Carnival, MSC, and Virgin.  Port Everglades and Canaveral also have ships.  Many other ships are either at anchor or slightly underway in the Bahamas.  Here is a map clip from the site showing an area between Freeport and Coco Cay.

The little yellow anchor in the lower right corner is Coco Cay.  Freeport is at the top of the map.  Just to the west of Coco Cay is a large cluster of mostly anchored ships.  Circles show anchored ships.  Triangle shapes are underway ships.  I've filtered the display to only show passenger ships.

The cluster of ships just west of Coco Cay are Oasis of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Veendam, Zuiderdam, Niew Amsterdam, Celebrity Edge, Niew Statendam  and Volendam.  The cluster that is further west and north are Mariner of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Island Princess, Regal Princess and Sky Princess.  Up near Freeport (docked or anchored) are Empress of the Seas and Carnival Elation.  Also in the picture are Celebrity Reflection and Emerald Princess.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 6.56.19 PM.png

Edited by MeHeartCruising