Hawaii restrictions

drmom423

I am booked on a Hawaii cruise 4/16, post Carnival "pause" in sailings. Hawaii's governor has announced that all visitors must enter a 14 day quarentine upon arrival through May, which, obviously, would not allow cruisers to debark at any ports. (source below)

I expect that my sailing will be canceled, regardless of whether or not Carnival extends its "pause," but have not heard anything from Carnival. Has anyone?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/hawaii/articles/2020-03-21/hawaii-to-quarantine-all-arrivals-to-the-state-for-14-days

I had a similar feeling for Long Beach sailings. Mexico is closed for leisure travel and Canada banned all cruise ships above 500 passengers. Even if they resume service in April, nowhere international for those ships to go. Guess they could go to like Catalina Island and San Diego and whatnot, but I don’t see that happening.

Carnival of course hasn’t said anything and won’t say anything, but it’s another nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drmom423 said:

I am booked on a Hawaii cruise 4/16, post Carnival "pause" in sailings. Hawaii's governor has announced that all visitors must enter a 14 day quarentine upon arrival through May, which, obviously, would not allow cruisers to debark at any ports. (source below)

I expect that my sailing will be canceled, regardless of whether or not Carnival extends its "pause," but have not heard anything from Carnival. Has anyone?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/hawaii/articles/2020-03-21/hawaii-to-quarantine-all-arrivals-to-the-state-for-14-days

I would not hold my breath for this sailing. Hawaii is one of the 14 states on lock down

• Like 1