what are the chances of the ship getting "rerouted"?

MamaParrotHead

Looking forward to booking my S. Caribbean for 5/07, 6/07 supposedly in April. Just curious if/when they decide to "shuffle" the ships and itineraries if they do that even if they've started booking the sailing/s on a specific ship. For instance, the Destiny is doing Southern route now, would they take my booking and then reassign another ship to the route? Thanks!

for 2007 maybe.. but if they do do that-- you will be given your options. they wont make you cruise on something you didnt book.

In 2002 we booked the Holiday- a year before-- something happened and the Holiday was rerouted elsewhere. I was given the choice of the Victory so we took it.

Booking that far in advance its the chance you take.

I wouldnt worry about it. more then likely its a 5% chance it will change.

The Destiny has been doing that route for so long now I would think that Carnival would switch it up so people can try another ship- -I guess they didnt learn anything with the Paradise.

I'm cool with anything, as long as it floats, there are froo-froo drinks, towel animals, some decent food and the beds are comfy. :D I'm interested more in the itinerary than the ship. What time of the year are the ship changes usually announced?

p.s.--I don't think I've thanked you recently for being such a helpful presence on the board recently. You were such a big help in planning our 1st cruise, and now our next one! :)

well thank you-- I have this sickness- i mean love for cruising..lol

I think by May you shoul dbe fine for a May, 2007 cruise.

I got the Destiny going in Sept 2006 -couldnt pass up the price of it

for a price "too good to pass up". This policy in the TOS here is REALLY frustrating for those of us who are "newbies" when we hear about all these "great prices" you veterans are getting. :(

Before I went on our 1st cruise, I thought the "sickness" you all referred to was metphorical, now I'm all TOO aware it's a literal sickness, LOL.

Do you know if the OVs have fridges in them on the Destiny, Serene?

Archived