Ryndam

Kooolmomma

I thought the "Carving Station" was a joke. One day they presented "meatloaf!" Comparing the Lido buffet to Celebrity, Princess and even the one Carnival cruise I've been on they all have it all over HAL in my humble opinion.

LOL at the "MEATLOAF". Most Hal cruises have it on the dinner menu. At one time Hal referred to it as "comfort food". I have been out spoken about "Meatloaf" on the dinner menu in the past so I won't go there.:rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't like the food in the Lido. Food is subject and everyone's tastes are different. :)

I have been on the Rydam and very much like the ship. I am booking the January 2007 Panama cruise this week. Going with my brother and his wife. We are planning on getting two outside cabins ("C"). I wanted to get a balcony as I have done in the past but that is just a little too much for me since I will be the only one in the cabin. I will be on the Westerdam in June.

Em

I did eat in the Pinnacle 2 times and should have mentioned that the experience was delightful. I enjoyed the fillet and lamb chops as well as all the sides and desserts. I was part of a group of 60 on the cruise and the overall impression of the dining room and Lido buffet was not good. The Pinnacle receive high praise from all. I spoke to Dennis on a few occasions around the ship and each time he asked me how I was enjoying the food I lied. I saved the unpleasant comments for the comment card at the end of the cruise. By the way, I usually saw him munching on a hot dog for lunch!

We did a BtoB from San Diego and then Tampa to southeast Caribbean returning to Tampa Feb 5th. We also were awoken with dishes crashing after that hard roll.

After our first cruises we decided to splurge and have always taken Suites since. Never will travel Celebrity again until they replace their torture racks they call mattresses! HAL has the best.

We had the same table for 4, for the 30 days and were very pleased with our waiters. Food has generally deteriorated in quality. It seems they spend more effort in describing the meals on the menu than in preparing them. Most of our meals arrived cold/lukewarm in the dining room, but it wasn't the waiters fault. Just too many tables to serve. Plan on at least one 1/2 hours at the evening meal, more if your at a table with talkers and wine drinkers. The second leg of our cruise was a repeat of the meals on the first leg, which was ok with us though.

Had breakfast in our cabin on the balcony every morning. Utilized the Neptune Lounge for lunch. Only went to the Lido for ice cream several times. Found the Lido to be too much of a mad house for meals. The addition of a sandwich station in the middle of the serving line requires people to "cut in" causing Seniors to have their "moments".

HAL claims to have spent millions on improvements but the only thing I noticed was the new rugs and the excellent library.

The cruise as a whole was most enjoyable. HAL is our favorite cruise line, luke warm meals and all! We'll continue to sail with them.

We are booked on the March 5 departure on the Ryndam. Really looking forward to it even more after reading this thread. This will be our 10th HAL cruise (131 days on HAL at the end of this one), but our first on the Ryndam.

I'll try to post a report on our experiences late in March.

Archived