Future Cruise Credit Question

1 hour ago, dizzy1948 said:

A cancellation fee of any kind is a bit rich!!!!!!!!!! I have read on another post somewhere on here, of someone else being charged a cancellation fee. 

Let us know how you go with your TA. Any clues as to who that is - subtle clue? 😉😜

Hi Dizzy.  “The Captain “ got back to me. And yes it should be $50 ea. Wow, how many have been ripped off. Apparently Current Affair had a story on them last night. Will have to watch it thru catch-up tv.

Any fee is too much, so we are going to take it further. 
We will never book thru them ever again. 

10 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

It's all a little tricky I suppose. It's the cruise lines that are cancelling, that knocks on to the TA - then the client. I personally feel that as it isn't the clients fault, there should be no cancellation fee at all. That should be between the TA and cruise line. Who knows which way they will go. Got a similar thing happening at the moment, though no cancellation fees involved. We are patiently (impatiently really 😜) waiting for the magic correspondence to come through. I get delivery receipts for my emails, but no read receipts!!!!!! I digressed, sorry - but no, there shouldn't be cancellation fees IMHO

Agree 100%. We didn’t cancel, the cruise line did. 

6 minutes ago, SeaDays4Us said:

Hi Dizzy.  “The Captain “ got back to me. And yes it should be $50 ea. Wow, how many have been ripped off. Apparently Current Affair had a story on them last night. Will have to watch it thru catch-up tv.

Any fee is too much, so we are going to take it further. 
We will never book thru them ever again. 

I think that's the same "one" as previous posters - and has also closed some outlets, hope he hasn't taken Flight

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I wonder how the cancelation fee is calculated. Is it the same for all? I mean 8-10% cancelation fee seems a bit too much to me. I think it should depend on the time you cancel. If its like a week before the cruise, 300$ is not even that much, but if you cancel a few months prior to the cruise, it should be like 100$ or something.I never faced it but I think this bothers many cruise lovers. People as always want to keep their cash safe. I also sure that insurance has nothing to do with such cancelation fees.. so it wont help you either 

Roger, my TA ( a major TA in Australia) is charging everyone the same $300. No one is cancelling their cruises, most people are waiting for the cruise line to cancel.

In my situation, my cruise was a domestic cruise. Their cancellation policy is $300ea for international and $50ea for domestic. Caught them out trying to charge me the international fee.

16 hours ago, SeaDays4Us said:

😁You got it

We can only get a voucher from Costa Cruises for the full amount we cant even get our port charges and taxes back.

I know " you get what you paid for" I hadnt been on Costa before but thought I would give it ago.

I think if they offered to take #

$300 out I would still want the refund over a credit that has to be booked by March 2021 and fully used by Nov 30th 2021.

We have tried to get a refund but they arnt budging. I have pushed our large Aust travel agent but its hard to get a reply as they dont know.

I rang Costa myself as my agent said she had only an email address but I found the number by Googling, funny that. But in Australia we deal with Costa Asia and they havnt a clue. I had to let my agent know the cruise had been cancelled 1 day before we were due to fly out.

My agent asked me yesterday if I would like to pick a future cruise on Costa, I went onto Costa site but unless your from the USA you cant book a future cruise so I went onto Costa page here and they have no cruises at all nor has Cruise Guru or Vacations to Go either.I have been onto other roll calls on Costa and people from the UK and the US are getting full refunds. I ask you how is that fair.

Its illegal as far as Im concerned.I have really pushed hard with Cruise Guru and Costa but to no avail.

We were to get the cruise from Mauritius and we had our flights booked from Perth to Mauritius with Air Mauritius, we received an email from them stating we can cancel if we wanted, so I replied that I would like to cancel and get a refund. I received an email back saying that we would indeed get a refund in 2 weeks but they will charge us $250 AUD EACH and that they are not obliged to pay us the $140 each extra we paid for the exit row seats, so we are down approx $780. Absolutely terrible. So now its 4 weeks on and we received an email from them stating that they will give a full credit voucher. So I promptly asked for the money to be refunded after a longgggggg phone call, a week later still no refund.

But hey we are alive and healthy and thats the main thing.

Sorry for the windge.

Pauline 

25 minutes ago, volvof11 said:

We can only get a voucher from Costa Cruises for the full amount we cant even get our port charges and taxes back.

I know " you get what you paid for" I hadnt been on Costa before but thought I would give it ago.

I think if they offered to take #

$300 out I would still want the refund over a credit that has to be booked by March 2021 and fully used by Nov 30th 2021.

We have tried to get a refund but they arnt budging. I have pushed our large Aust travel agent but its hard to get a reply as they dont know.

I rang Costa myself as my agent said she had only an email address but I found the number by Googling, funny that. But in Australia we deal with Costa Asia and they havnt a clue. I had to let my agent know the cruise had been cancelled 1 day before we were due to fly out.

My agent asked me yesterday if I would like to pick a future cruise on Costa, I went onto Costa site but unless your from the USA you cant book a future cruise so I went onto Costa page here and they have no cruises at all nor has Cruise Guru or Vacations to Go either.I have been onto other roll calls on Costa and people from the UK and the US are getting full refunds. I ask you how is that fair.

Its illegal as far as Im concerned.I have really pushed hard with Cruise Guru and Costa but to no avail.

We were to get the cruise from Mauritius and we had our flights booked from Perth to Mauritius with Air Mauritius, we received an email from them stating we can cancel if we wanted, so I replied that I would like to cancel and get a refund. I received an email back saying that we would indeed get a refund in 2 weeks but they will charge us $250 AUD EACH and that they are not obliged to pay us the $140 each extra we paid for the exit row seats, so we are down approx $780. Absolutely terrible. So now its 4 weeks on and we received an email from them stating that they will give a full credit voucher. So I promptly asked for the money to be refunded after a longgggggg phone call, a week later still no refund.

But hey we are alive and healthy and thats the main thing.

Sorry for the windge.

Pauline 

The companies that are handling this unique situation with refunds and not charging fees will be remembered  and will survive.  I know exactly who I will not be using in the future.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, SeaDays4Us said:

The companies that are handling this unique situation with refunds and not charging fees will be remembered  and will survive.  I know exactly who I will not be using in the future.

I agree and I think everyone will think the same. I pity the companies that don't play fair as public opinion can make or break a company. I realise it's hard at the moment for cruise companies but when some from the same mother company play fair and others don't, which one will people pick. I was told yesterday by Cruise Guru that when I book another Costa cruise with them I will have to pay a deposit on top of my FCC and I can only use my FCC with the original agent I booked through and the port charges could be a cash payment on top of my FCC. I really don't think anyone knows what being offered and by whom. It's got to be illegal to charge a second deposit surely.