Changing FCC after deadline date

bandp407

Hello all - DH and I had been scheduled to sail on the NS this past Sunday. We received the e-mail 2 weeks ago offering Option 1 & Option 2. We did select Option 1 (FCC) in advance of today's ( March 31) deadline. If HAL did not hear they would automatically  refund. As many, given all the uncertainty HAL & the cruise industry in general are suffering, we continue to waiver as to whether or not we made the right decision. I realize this is a very personal decision, but as we come close to the deadline to change to Option 2 ( CASH ) I would be appreciative of some of your views. Also this is attached to the compensation form that we completed. We take it to be that we can change our minds after June 1 & revert to a cash refund of the base fare. Thoughts..............

This is a clarification regarding the Option 1 Future Cruise Credit ("FCC"). If a guest elects Option 1 and does not use his/her FCC and wants a refund thereafter of the original base cruise fare paid, between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021, the guest can request Holland America Line to exchange the FCC for a refund of their base cruise fare paid. Refund will be issued within approximately 60 days from request date. Requests accepted via email to guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the base cruise fare paid. Guests selecting Option 1 and requesting a refund as set forth herein will not be entitled to any other compensation/credit. Guests selecting Option 2 shall not be entitled to any additional refund (other than the initial refund as set forth in Option 2) at any time. All FCC’s expire on December 31, 2021 and are subject to published terms, conditions, and restrictions. Offer and its terms are subject to change.

3 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Hello all - DH and I had been scheduled to sail on the NS this past Sunday. We received the e-mail 2 weeks ago offering Option 1 & Option 2. We did select Option 1 (FCC) in advance of today's ( March 31) deadline. If HAL did not hear they would automatically  refund. As many, given all the uncertainty HAL & the cruise industry in general are suffering, we continue to waiver as to whether or not we made the right decision. I realize this is a very personal decision, but as we come close to the deadline to change to Option 2 ( CASH ) I would be appreciative of some of your views. Also this is attached to the compensation form that we completed. We take it to be that we can change our minds after June 1 & revert to a cash refund of the base fare. Thoughts..............

This is a clarification regarding the Option 1 Future Cruise Credit ("FCC"). If a guest elects Option 1 and does not use his/her FCC and wants a refund thereafter of the original base cruise fare paid, between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021, the guest can request Holland America Line to exchange the FCC for a refund of their base cruise fare paid. Refund will be issued within approximately 60 days from request date. Requests accepted via email to guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the base cruise fare paid. Guests selecting Option 1 and requesting a refund as set forth herein will not be entitled to any other compensation/credit. Guests selecting Option 2 shall not be entitled to any additional refund (other than the initial refund as set forth in Option 2) at any time. All FCC’s expire on December 31, 2021 and are subject to published terms, conditions, and restrictions. Offer and its terms are subject to change.

If cruising resumes this fall then you are good with FCC in my opinion.  Later your guess is as good as the rest of us.

This has been a very fluid situation for HAL.  If you need the money take the cash.  I think a some of us felt like we had a good price on our cancelled cruise and to reschedule a similar itinerary for next year would cost more than the FCC being offered.  The rates will come down but when will it be safe to cruise?  If you don’t need the money you could take the FCC and hope for a good price next year.  

HAL is hoping we will take the FCC which will provide them with some funds to weather this storm.  I’m waiting for reliable testing and a vaccine.  Then I’ll be ready to cruise again.

We were at the 50 percent cash back/50 FCC  level when we cancelled a few weeks back.  We were ahead of the flood of cancellations  I think.  Our cash back posted to our credit cards the day after we cancelled.   Happy to have some cash back at this point.  I have a small FCC which I may or may not end up using.   I have traveled for many years and have never had to cancel a reservation or even switch an airline booking so I figure even if I choose to never cruise again due to my age I did ok over the long  haul;  and my possible economic loss pales in comparison to what other folks will be facing.

I did finally get through to HAL & spoke with a supervisor. Based on the email we received for our March 29th cancellation we selected the FCC. Should we change our minds, based on what happens the next few months , we can request a cash refund of the base cruise rate. The timeframe as given in the link is Jun 1,2020 -Dec. 31,2021. We want nothing more than to use ! 

In the meantime, prayers for our fellow cruise mates on the Zaandam & Rotterdam.  What an ordeal to say the least . Hoping arrangements can be made to get them into Port Everglades & get the sick passengers some much needed medical care!!!