If I cancel what happens to my cruise next cert?

Orygungirl

Hello. My SIL and I are booked on an Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver end of August. She is 75 and nervous about traveling on a cruise and we would like to cancel before the final payment date of April 19. I've paid a deposit of $500 using two cruise next certificates. If we cancel now, do those certificates just go back into my account to be used on my next (maybe?!) cruise. I notice that cruise is not even offered on the NCL website anymore, by the way. thank you for any info. I've never  had to cancel a cruise before, nor used a Cruise Next certificate.

43 minutes ago, Orygungirl said:

Hello. My SIL and I are booked on an Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver end of August. She is 75 and nervous about traveling on a cruise and we would like to cancel before the final payment date of April 19. I've paid a deposit of $500 using two cruise next certificates. If we cancel now, do those certificates just go back into my account to be used on my next (maybe?!) cruise. I notice that cruise is not even offered on the NCL website anymore, by the way. thank you for any info. I've never  had to cancel a cruise before, nor used a Cruise Next certificate.

Since you are before final payment, they will just go back into your account.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, Comi.uy said:

If you ask for refund, they return to your account as you had them.

If you use the FCC, you get the extra 25% on them and they go to the same FCC pool

Where did you get that information?

My Cruise Next certificates were returned to my account and then I received 125% FCC on the balance

25% FCC also includes Cruise Next amount

Edited by greenstuff
clarification

The difference is if you are before or after final payment. If you cancel before final payment you get your deposit back - if that was done in Cruise Next certs then the refund will be in the same. If you paid on a card it gets refunded back to the card.

Usually after final payment (under the old plan) there was a sliding scale as to how much of what you paid you would get back.

Under the new plan - if you cancel they give you FCC for the same amount as what you have paid. If NCL cancels the cruise they will give your 125% of your paid amount in FCC. I have read where if you also used Cruise Next for the deposit they simply return to your account to be used again.

5 hours ago, greenstuff said:

My Cruise Next certificates were returned to my account and then I received 125% FCC on the balance

This is correct, my ncl guy called me and gave me the wrong info. Now that I got the FCC I can see exactly that.

Person 1(me), got (50% of what was paid-250 from certificate) + 25% bonus from the total paid+cert

Person 2, got (50% of what was paid) + 25% bonus from the total paid+cert

I booked through a bigbox travel account and filled out a cancellation form on line. It stated that I would get 100% of my deposit back. The cruise leaves 8/31/2020. I think those leaving before May 11 get 125%.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, greenstuff said:

Are you able to see your Cruise Next certificates in your account?  The same process was done for me with my FCC however I'm not able to actually see my CN cert. as far as I can tell.  NCL PCC assured me "they're there" but in times like these I like to see for myself. 

Edit - I found them!  Didn't realize you have to actually click on "make a payment".   My Cruise Next certificates are noted at the bottom of that page with their expiration date. 

Edited by TenForward
Solved
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TenForward said:

Are you able to see your Cruise Next certificates in your account?  The same process was done for me with my FCC however I'm not able to actually see my CN cert. as far as I can tell.  NCL PCC assured me "they're there" but in times like these I like to see for myself. 

Edit - I found them!  Didn't realize you have to actually click on "make a payment".   My Cruise Next certificates are noted at the bottom of that page with their expiration date. 

You can easily see all your Cruise Next certificates (and also any Future Cruise Credit if  you have chosen that for a cruise cancelled by NCL) by clicking on "My account" on top of the page after you have logged in, and then choose "My account" again. 

First any booked cruises are listed, and then follows a list of any CruiseNext certificates or other credits,like this:

image.png.e0a60ecc01d7c00a8127090b9bdd43cb.png

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

You can easily see all your Cruise Next certificates (and also any Future Cruise Credit if  you have chosen that for a cruise cancelled by NCL) by clicking on "My account" on top of the page after you have logged in, and then choose "My account" again. 

First any booked cruises are listed, and then follows a list of any CruiseNext certificates or other credits,like this:

My "My Account" looks rather different and I don't get the "Coupons and Credits" portion - just ads.   I don't know if it's because I'm in the US?   This is what I see:

cruise format.png

33 minutes ago, TenForward said:

My "My Account" looks rather different and I don't get the "Coupons and Credits" portion - just ads.   I don't know if it's because I'm in the US?   This is what I see:

cruise format.png

How strange... It must be what you suggest;  that for me MyNCL is the European version and for you the US version - allthough I don't see any reason why there should be any difference when it comes to listing any coupons and/or credits as the rest of the page is looking very similar...

Edited by TrumpyNor