Question from a "Carnival" newbie

gkrebs

Ok, I figured out that a PVP is a Personal Vacation Planner, I think. But who are they? How do you get one? Are they only for bookings through Carnival? How do I sign myself up? Do you always use the same one once you get one?

Told ya I'm a Carnival newbie

Ok, I figured out that a PVP is a Personal Vacation Planner, I think. But who are they? How do you get one? Are they only for bookings through Carnival? How do I sign myself up? Do you always use the same one once you get one?

You can request for one to call you from Carnival's website. They can book and answer all questions.

1. Who are they? This has been a mystery for the past 30 years, all we know is that they come from Miami and can lure you in with their sexy voices.

2. How do you get one? You cant, I tried once and she told me she was married, so Im assuming they are all takened.

3. Are they only for booking? Yes, I asked one of them out on a date when I arrived to miami but she told me just that, she is only there for booking.

4. Do you always use the same one? No, once they are used they are replaced. :cool:

1. Who are they? This has been a mystery for the past 30 years, all we know is that they come from Miami and can lure you in with their sexy voices.

2. How do you get one? You cant, I tried once and she told me she was married, so Im assuming they are all takened.

3. Are they only for booking? Yes, I asked one of them out on a date when I arrived to miami but she told me just that, she is only there for booking.

4. Do you always use the same one? No, once they are used they are replaced. :cool:

LMAO :D

LMAO :D

5. How do you get one? Are they only for bookings through Carnival? Yes.

Oh Y'all! Poor Gary.:D

Go to Carnival's website. Click on that want someone to contact you. You should get a call within a day from a PVP. Yes, they book cruises. I've used the same PVP for the past several cruises, and it's great to have one you can call and talk to about anything about your cruise. They can often find little perks that can't be found elsewhere.

They can often find little perks that can't be found elsewhere.

That's not exactly true.. it's just they are trained on Carnival cruises and only that.. the advantage they have over TAs is just that.. knowledge of the ships and promos.. (regardless of TA protests to Bob Dickinson about PVPs "undercutting" them).

That's not exactly true.. it's just they are trained on Carnival cruises and only that.. the advantage they have over TAs is just that.. knowledge of the ships and promos.. (regardless of TA protests to Bob Dickinson about PVPs "undercutting" them).

They are telephone sales reps, most of whom have never been on a cruise before. Most travel agents know more about the cruise line and the ships than the PVP's know and knowledgeable TA's have access to the same promos that the PVP's have. Anyone who arranges a vacation for you can be called a personal vacation planner.

BTW, I am not concerned about them undercutting TA's as they have access to the same pricing the TA's have.

I have used the same vacation planner for 6 cruises. She is wonderful. I don't know if I am allowed to post her name and number so I won't. But she is extremely knowledgeable and has cruised many times. She does look for the little perks and is always helpful

I refer all my friends to her and she always sends me a card or calls me and thanks me for the business. I even have her personal cell phone number!

I would always recommend her

There are PVPs and there are PVPs.:rolleyes: Some are good, some obviously not. I guess everybody has their own experiences with PVPs.

The one I use has been with Carnival for many years, has taken a cruise as often as she can (has sent me photos of her and her PVP friends on cruises), and she DOES find little perks for me.

Say what you will - I know my PVP is a gem, knowledgeable and very helpful to me.:) I wish it wasn't against the CC rules to post her name or ext. number, so I could share her. Alas, no can do.

I am surprised that no one mentioned that if you don't like an answer from one PVP, hang up, count to 14, call back, and more than likely you'll get a (sometimes completely) different answer from the other. When you get the answer you desire (patience may be in order, it could take up to 5 calls), keep that person on the line, get their name, employee ID number, have them fax you a notarized copy of their answer, try to get their direct line or better yet their home phone number, and you should be set!

I will share mine with you. He is awesome. Shoot me an e-mail and I will give you his number .......

:o Sorry, but it's also against the CC rules to ask anyone to email you about any booking agents.:o

Archived