Finding credit in my account

Tn gal

2 minutes ago, Tn gal said:

I can not find the credit from canceling anywhere under my account.  Does anyone have an idea where it might appear?  Thank you so much.

The only indication with which I am aware that your FCC has been applied to your Mariner ID is an email you will receive telling you the transaction has happened. There seems to be no place online to view the transaction or the amount of funds applied.

We cancelled in early March and are still waiting for our email and our HAL PCC said it would be a minimum of 60 days from cancellation for it to be applied. Some have been told 90 days. They are completely swamped at the moment. 

• Like 1

That is crazy.  I have had 2 NCL cruises cancelled (last one for 14 April).  After they cancelled with an email and letter (usually about 3 weeks before scheduled) I had the FCC and CruiseNext Certif. posted in the Latitudes "My Account" section about 3 days later.  I could then rebook using the FCC as I wanted.     NCL also gave a 20% off the price of a future cruise IF you rebooked withing about 2 weeks - although your sailing could be up to 18 months away.    That can amount to quite a bit depending on you cruise/cabin selection (I re-booked a much longer cruise with Suite for $10,000 (2 people) and got $2,000 off)

I think HAL only gives an extra about $500 OBC for re-booking??

Of course, if the line goes bankrupt, likely all is lost. 

Swamped, sure.  But this should be an automatic program as cruises cancel to post the FCC amounts.

Yes, Sapman, I agree. We went for a refund on our cancelled-by-quarantine cruise. Filled out the form three weeks ago, got a quick “request received” when I hit submit and assumed I’d get a confirming email. Nothing. This was a fair chunk of $ for a 28-day cruise and I wanted to make sure they had received request. I did an online chat with HAL and asked if they could check to make sure it was there. “No.” And you don’t email passengers? “No.” Can I resubmit to make sure request got through? (Deadline was the next day and I have no record.)  “Yes.” So I’ll do that. “It won’t let you submit twice.” Logical, but why didn’t they say that? So I filled out online request form and only after “submit” did a message appear that request had already been received. I printed that out. HAL communication has been the worst, whereas Princess sends out occasional emails just to keep in touch.

Even with two HAL ships refused ports, etc., I don’t find this acceptable. All you need is a computer-generated reply.

2 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

That is crazy.  I have had 2 NCL cruises cancelled (last one for 14 April).  After they cancelled with an email and letter (usually about 3 weeks before scheduled) I had the FCC and CruiseNext Certif. posted in the Latitudes "My Account" section about 3 days later.  I could then rebook using the FCC as I wanted.     NCL also gave a 20% off the price of a future cruise IF you rebooked withing about 2 weeks - although your sailing could be up to 18 months away.    That can amount to quite a bit depending on you cruise/cabin selection (I re-booked a much longer cruise with Suite for $10,000 (2 people) and got $2,000 off)

I think HAL only gives an extra about $500 OBC for re-booking??

Of course, if the line goes bankrupt, likely all is lost. 

Swamped, sure.  But this should be an automatic program as cruises cancel to post the FCC amounts.

Umm... Norwegian is WAY more likely to be the one going bankrupt.   .jus saying