RC Vacation Protection Plan

Is RC vacation travel protection refundable (on a credit card) on a booking cancelled before final payment? 

I am getting two different answers from two RC reps.  When I called and cancelled back in March, I was told

the travel insurance would be refundable.  I just called to get a break-down of the refundable (on my credit card)

and what would be a FCC.  This rep. said the travel insurance would not be refunded as it was a 3rd party...even

if cancelled before final payment date.

Thanks!

Oh sorry...I probably wasn't clear enough in my question.  I paid our cruise in full including Royal's travel protection plan

several months before final payment was due.  A month  before final was due, I cancelled the cruise. My question

is...is the portion I paid for the travel insurance refundable? I want to think that in my past experience, when I cancelled 

before final payment (and had paid for the travel insurance), I received credit to my credit card for the cruise fare,

taxes and fees, and the travel protection.

Thanks!

I had cancelled a cruise also before final payment by several months and I was told by multiple reps you could add their insurance up until the final payment but only had a set amount of time to cancel it and get you money back from time of purchase, I don’t remember what that time was for sure but I seem to remember getting 15 days to 30 days as answers

On 4/8/2020 at 8:11 AM, gdwest said:

Oh sorry...I probably wasn't clear enough in my question.  I paid our cruise in full including Royal's travel protection plan

several months before final payment was due.  A month  before final was due, I cancelled the cruise. My question

is...is the portion I paid for the travel insurance refundable? I want to think that in my past experience, when I cancelled 

before final payment (and had paid for the travel insurance), I received credit to my credit card for the cruise fare,

taxes and fees, and the travel protection.

Thanks!

In most instances, No. Travel Insurance is not refundable.

Sometimes there is a free look back period and you can get a refund. Sometimes there is an opportunity to not get a refund but maybe get a voucher or such to move that policy to a different travel plan. Or, sometimes there is such a wild event that throws the entire world into a new and unforeseen mess that nobody knows what is refundable and what is not,,,but in general, no, no refund after you have been in coverage for a while. 

I know,,, But I wasn't in coverage.  Well, yes you were. Even though the travel had not started yet, the insurance was in full effect in that instance that something out of the ordinary happened before the trip and caused you to cancel the trip for a "Covered" reason, then the insurance would have paid off. 

Just because you cancelled a month before final payment does not mean the insurance wasn't in effect.