Have you stayed in a Princess suite?

mafig

On 4/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, mafig said:

If anyone else has stayed in a Princess suite, I'd love a comparison to Celebrity's suite experience.  I know Celebrity will come out ahead on most items, but also consider pricing, please.

We had suite D122 on the Regal in 2019, the same layout as luckyinpa's suite. I wouldn't book this suite again because the front window looked directly out onto the crew sundeck. We also heard a loud banging noise during the night. The Captain told us that it was waves hitting inside the anchor box. We were booked on the Edge this past April 5th in a Sky suite so we haven't had that experience. We paid $3666 with paid gratuities, $50 TA OBC and $199 military. 

2 hours ago, newtampagirl said:

We had suite D122 on the Regal in 2019, the same layout as luckyinpa's suite. I wouldn't book this suite again because the front window looked directly out onto the crew sundeck. We also heard a loud banging noise during the night. The Captain told us that it was waves hitting inside the anchor box. We were booked on the Edge this past April 5th in a Sky suite so we haven't had that experience. We paid $3666 with paid gratuities, $50 TA OBC and $199 military. 

Yes, I remember the way Princess labels their decks.  Decks A, B, and C are higher than where you were (Dolphin, correct?).  I Wonder if you would still hear that banging up on Aloha or Baja.

Norwegian has some suites that are set up in a similar fashion and cruisers  on the lower decks also complain about looking directing onto the crew sundeck.  Some even mention the crew looking in on them, so they kept their curtains drawn at all times.....LOL.

2 hours ago, newtampagirl said:

We considered those front suites but didn't like the layout and were concerned about movement up front.  We didn't experience that at all with either the mid ship suite or the aft one.  The aft corner balconies really are amazing.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, Gracie115 said:

We considered those front suites but didn't like the layout and were concerned about movement up front.  We didn't experience that at all with either the mid ship suite or the aft one.  The aft corner balconies really are amazing.

the movement up front is killer. we had the 3rd highest level of weather on our trip and i had to hold on for dear life during my shower.  also got sick which never happened before. maybe too much living rich the night before too. captain said was 1st time in years he spoke into the cabins as well. tons of fun. 

balcony is never a priority for us but if you want another killer balcony (probably beats most any other ship)  i think its m107 and m 108 in a mini suite forward on regal that can have like 75 people on

12 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

the movement up front is killer. we had the 3rd highest level of weather on our trip and i had to hold on for dear life during my shower.  also got sick which never happened before. maybe too much living rich the night before too. captain said was 1st time in years he spoke into the cabins as well. tons of fun. 

balcony is never a priority for us but if you want another killer balcony (probably beats most any other ship)  i think its m107 and m 108 in a mini suite forward on regal that can have like 75 people on

We were booked in M107 for a cruise this fall that we cancelled, but not sure I would book one of those for anything other than a calm Caribbean cruise (well USUALLY calm). Especially after your comment about how movement in one of those front suites affected you.  Our Aft suite was on Riviera deck and could easily have held 50 people. The problem with the balcony was the lack of overhang so we had booked on Dolphin deck for our cruise that was "supposed" to sail next week....it's balcony is just as big but has the overhang so you are protected from sun/rain.  We will most likely never experience that now.