Wind & Weather

quietmn12

Can anyone tell me if the wind conditions I've been reading about are normal for this time of year? It seems everyone's talking about high winds and rough seas. My DW is already talking about not wanting to sail in February.
Knowing WHERE you're cruising in February is critical to providing a helpful answer. Help us out, and we'll try to reciprocate.

I just returned from a Southern Caribbean cruise and it was windy, seas were rough at times. We made all of our ports of call but the RC and Princess ships that departed San Juan with us apparently missed ports due to the weather. We went west first (Dominican Rep). They went east first (St. Thomas...)

I do not know if this is normal. I do know that the couple weeks prior to our cruise, seas were much calmer based upon conversations with people that were on back-to-backs as well as people who apparently just cruise all winter. Man, give me that life!!

I do know that in talking to people on my trip, the lower in the ship you are, the less you felt it. We were 8th deck aft and felt quite a bit of it.

We were on the same 1/28 cruise with you as the second leg of a back to back. The first leg was similar to the second in terms of weather, wind, roughness and ship motion ( Constellation). We did not miss any ports, but it was lively.....

More rain the first week....

We have done Caribbean cruises in January-Feb the past 3 years now and the weather this year seems to be abnormally blustery to me.

Archived