For a moment, there was joy - Cheers at $0.00?! Alas, it was a site error.

Don Kehote

Last night, I was thinking to myself that maybe I'd like to go ahead and purchase Cheers for our cruise in December after all.  I knew that the 20% discount was probably gone, but thought I'd take a look just to see.

I logged in from my phone, and went to the cart where I had left it still in there from a couple of days prior.  And what do I see?  CHEERS FOR FREE!?  YES!  FINALLY A REWARD FOR ALL MY CHEERLEADING!

I ran to my wife, and was like, "we gotta do this NOW."  The website still asked for a card number, so I grabbed one and gave it a shot.  I was totally fine with a zero transaction.

To my chagrin, there was an error processing my card.  Please try again.  

Me:  Don't mind if I do!

Carnival:  Yeah, that's an Error dude.

Dangit.  For just a moment, I thought that we might be getting lucky, but it was clearly just an error. I don't intend to be one of those people who call up screaming about BAIT AND SWITCH (it's not.) and FALSE ADVERTISING (again, it's not). We're still going to get it.  And still going to cruise.  Just thought that was an almost miraculous moment worth sharing. 

In reflection...I probably should have added SOMETHING to the cart to see if it would process with Cheers still at Zero, but it would have been crappy of me 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.37.47 PM.png

Edited by Don Kehote
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1