Can we recover our deposit?

Baby_Bear

We were booked on the Caribbean Princess on May 16. Cancelled the booking on March 9 and are in the neverending line for refunds. At the time of cancellation, since it was more than 57 days out, Princess confirmed we would get back the full amount less the $200 deposit which would become an FCC. Now that the cruise itself has been cancelled, can we get the $200 deposit refunded as well?

I followed the link to the online request form, and when I punched in the Princess booking code, it just said information not available - which makes sense I suppose if the booking has been cancelled. The FCC is not showing up in my account, so they haven't processed that yet, I assume it would be done the same time that the refund is issued. Is there a way to request refund for that ?

We cancelled the 6 June Caribbean Princess cruise (paid in full) on 18 March when Princess moved the cancellation time to 60 days out.  Our deposit ($200 FCD) have already been returned to our Future Cruise Credits List (seen on your Personalizer).  The expiration date for the FCDs  remained 2 years from when we originally purchased the FCDs.  Purchased on  2/19/19 Expires on 2/17/21. 

We did not pay in full before our cruise to Alaska in June was canceled, but did pay a deposit. When the latest rounds of cancellations came in, i went to fill out the form hoping to get some of our deposit back and the form said that we did not have to request it, that we would automatically get any deposit we made credited in 60 days to original form of payment. This may not be applicable in your situation, I just thought I would put it out there for others. From my calculations we would get our deposit credited around the time we were going to cruise this summer.