Would love some feedback...

chrismch

on the Scandinavia & Russia cruises that Celebrity offers in the summers. I've never seen them before. Is it a newer itinerary or have I just been following the warm weather ports too much? Would love some feedback on what the ports are like in St Petersberg, Estonia & Lithuania as we are considering booking this cruise. Thanks!:p

I was on the second sailing of the Millennium back in 2000. There is so much to do in all the ports you will be worn out. I recommend getting a local city card when there to get around town and see it yourself, except for St. Petersburg. Back then you needed to have a guide. I don't know about now. I used the ships excursions for Russia. The city card includes the trains and admissions to the various attractions.

Celebrity has been offering 14-night Baltic cruises for quite some time. We enjoyed our Constellation Baltic cruise in 2004 so much that we took the very same cruise again in 2005. The itinerary is very port intensive and you may arrive home feeling that you need a vacation, but it's a great way to see that part of the world. Each port has lots to see, and with the exception of St. Petersburg, every port is do-able on your own, either by walking, buying local day passes or using hop on/hop off buses. If you decide to book, make good use of the forums on this cruise site and others, and get some good guide books like Fodors - you'll want as much information as possible prior to leaving home.

We did the 12 night Baltic Cruise last June 2 For us the weather was fine,a light Jacket was needed.The Ports were fantastic.Estonia was fabulous,we enjoyed the Medieval concert tour.Russia we did Package tour A and loved it.The other ports we used the On Off Bus.It worked out perfectly we had plenty of time to see all the sites.

We've done the Baltic twice, although not on Celebrity (1st time NCL, yast year Oceania), and have enjoyed it very much.

Both times, we transited the Kiel Canal, which we thought a highlight of the trip, through a very pretty & friendly part of Germany. Only smaller ships can transit the Canal.

Very port-intensive cruise, and not as relaxing as some with more seadays.

Both my wife & I have a lot of Scandinavian heritage, so it meant more to us perhaps than the Med cruises.

Archived