Magnifica on UK BBC news this morning.

JP82

If the story is an accurate reflection of what actually happened on the ship  MSC and their captain have covered themselves in glory. Not the way most world cruises came to an end!!?

Edited by Mabbiesmum

I mean I've not kept up with the specifics or heard from cruisers. But if MSC can spin the story like this in other outlets, then yes definitely a PR win for them, and a much needed one in these times.

The story was very true.  We were on the ship and very safe.  The captain did a wonderful job under pressure.  We had to leave because the state department sent out a message that all USA people get home now.   The flights from overseas and boarder was closing.  My wife and I would have rather stayed on board we left from Melbourne.  If we stayed on we would have had a tough time finding a flight home and stuck in Italy or wherever it ended.  MSC did a wonderful job even if it was half the world and not a full world tour. The crew was remarkable under such stressful positions,

• Like 3