Where to Have Lunch on QM2 the 1st Day?!

sfvoyager

I plan to board the QM2 as early as I can. I don't want to miss a minute!

Where should we go for our first lunch? My thoughts are fish and chips in the Golden Lion's Pub.

Any thoughts?

Nice choice if i) you can avoid the smokers and ii) they are serving food - I think only the Kings Court serves lunch - but worth checking oh and iii) I can recommend their snake and pygmy pie too!

Peter

I plan to board the QM2 as early as I can. I don't want to miss a minute!

Where should we go for our first lunch? My thoughts are fish and chips in the Golden Lion's Pub.

Any thoughts?[/QUOT the grill resturants are open and i think the main dining room is open for lunch as well but not 100% sure. fish and chips are great if you dont mind the smoke and the crowds. bon voyage

If you're traveling Princess Grill, no question about it: go to the PG restaurant, check on your seating (and request a change if necessary), and have a manificent lunch.

Thank you Castlewood! I wanted to build up to the Princess Grill, but on second thought, it would be a great place to kick the dining off!

One question though, when you suggest checking on the seating do you mean the timing or location?

The location. The P. Grill has several great tables along the windows, and a few tables would seem less desirable because of their proximity to the wait stations. You will find your seating assignment in your cabin when you first board, but the maitre d' was more than happy to make adjustments. My wife and I ended up having dinner at a table for 6, but lunch at a table for 2.

The P. Grill lunch on boarding day was particularly nice because it's very chaotic on the ship, with 2,000+ people trying to find their cabins, waiting for their luggage to be delivered, etc. While all that chaos was swirling around us, we were able to enjoy a leisurely--and delicious--meal in a beautiful, serene atmosphere, and contemplate the wonderful week that awaited us. After lunch, we returned to our gorgeous cabin (our luggage had been delivered in the meantime) and watched all the hubbub on the docks from our veranda, and gradually dozed off in the Sun.

Time is no factor in the Princess Grill, as long as you appear during its set hours--there's always a table (or seats) reserved for you and your party. You can probably make a special exception too, if warranted, but we never needed to.

Thank you Castlewood! Excellent advice, and I love your description of the swirling activity as you enjoyed a wonderful dining experience. I can't wait!

I think the first hours of being on board are especially wonderful as there is the promise of what is to come coupled with the excitement going on.

On the three cruises I have been on, one of my absolute favorite moments is crossing the threshold and setting the first foot on board.

Archived