Clarion Suites Anchorage

redbeulah

we are staying there memorial day weekend for the first time. they are one of the few places to offer railroad shuttle (incoming) and airport shuttle (outgoing). does anyone else have a review? this is one reservation i can change and will if necessary. i have been a choice rewards member for a while and have never stayed at a real bad one. agreed its not the marriott etc but i am not expecting that either

because of the deal they offered me i cant really justify staying anyplace else. the cost is twice what i am paying. i have status with the hotel chain so i will be able to complain if things are not right. i really appreciate the quick reply though and of course budgetqueen is always there with a kind word. thanks again

We spent 3 nights in the Clarion Suites in July of 2005. As has been stated, it is not luxury status. However it is not Fleabag Inn either. Our room was fairly large, with a nice sitting area that had a couch and easy chair. They have a nice free breakfast included. It is 2 blocks to the 5th Ave. Mall. I would certainly stay there again. On the negative side, it is not air conditioned, and we didn't find any restaurants very close to it (however, we had a car, so that was not important).

i have spoken to choice hotels and the hotel directly and they both swear they have AC. while we may not need it in May i am just curious as to the previous poster indicating no AC. was it broken perhaps or none at all? sorry to be so conflicted on this topic. i already have choice hotels investigating the bad reviews on trip advisor. as i have stated i have some pull with choice and i am using it to the best of my ability. thanks

All I can tell you is that on July 6,7,8 2005 our room was not air conditioned.. They had a big fan on a stand about 5 feet tall. I"m certainly no expert on Alaskan weather, but if we would have had air conditioning, we would have used it. One of the problems it caused was that you needed to keep the windows open to cool things off at night, and that meant that you couldn't close the drapes, so you could not get the room very dark to sleep. My guess is that on Memorial Day this question is purley academic.

We spent 15 nights in Alaska and only 2 of them were in air conditioned places (Holiday Inn Express in Anchorage on the night of our arrival, and the Edgewater Hotel in Seward). If I owned a hotel in Alaska, I don't think I would air condition it either. Too much expense for the 3-4 weeks a year that I would guess it would be used. We had such a great time that we just got used to sleeping in rooms that weren't as cool and as dark as we are used to.

As stated earlier, I would certainly stay at the Clarion Suites again.

thanks 47straight and believe me when i say this

i believe you!!!

no air is really not a concern. i just dont understand why the hotel feels the need to lie about it.

but again i thank you for a prompt and excellent reply

Priceline is not really too much of a hassel-I would suggest reading biddingfortravel.com first to get some insight on bidding. I ended up getting the Westin Bayshore Resort in Vancouver for $81.00 a night in June--that's a pretty good rate for a room that normally goes for $315 a night. To me, it's worth it!

My husband and I will be looking for a hotel in Vancouver also. What hotels do you recommend? I read alot on booking through Priceline, but it sounds like alot of hassle.

I just got the Westin Bayshore Resort in Vancouver for $65.00 a night in May. Was really easy after I read Biddingfortravel.com Vancouver was the easiest city I have bid for.

Archived