Journey Has Started For Nieuw Amsterdam, Volendam & Veendam

rjbean4

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I doubt if it's a convoy.  I suspect that they will consolidate into one or 2 ships (perhaps 1 Indonesia and another Philippines) with the rest staying on the West Coast.  I wouldn't be surprised if a third ship went to Eurpoe.

Time will tell.

Roy

Makes sense, Roy.

1 hour ago, Ottawa traveller said:

Latest AIS shows Veendam meeting up with Seabourn Quest near British Virgin Islands and with Veendam's destination as Gibraltar. Nieuw Amsterdam's destination is now showing as Walvis Bay. Seabourn Quest is showing destination as Rotterdam.

I have noticed this also between the Veendam and Seabourn Quest. They are now done with the transfer that they had been doing and heading out again to where they are going next. Next destination listed on the AIS too.  As I have said before we just have to follow them on tracking websites to see where they are actually going. 

Regarding the ships on the west coast (Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam,  Maasdam and Koningsdam) I read in another thread thanks to a post from copper10-8 that there is going to be another crew transfer to the Koningsdam involving non Asian crew ( I think) but he did not go into any details.I don't remember the other thread that I found this on. So once again we just need to sit back and see where they go using the tracking websites. Marine Traffic doesn't always give the information we want to see. Cruise Mapper is just cruise ships, ferries, etc only and are color coded by cruise line (HAL is yellow) so I have also found this useful as when you zoom in enough it also gives the ship name.