Gift Card Refunds (3/13 - Present)

jas1178

Still waiting for the gift card from beverage package purchase. Paid part gift card, and par credit card. Credit card was credited on 5/12, but no gift card yet. All other refunds received. 

19 hours ago, jas1178 said:

Finally received all credit card refunds from excursions/internet/etc.  Just waiting on the significant Gift Card delivery...hopefully soon.

I'm just the opposite. Have gotten all the gift cards, and waiting on the credit card refunds.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, HLGW60 said:

Has anyone recently received gift card refunds?  

Received gift card last week for FTTF purchase for July 2nd cruise date. Still waiting on a gift card for the purchase of Cheers package.

I cancelled my cruise on March 18th. I rebooked and received the refunded difference on May 18th. I had purchased $75 of cruise cash with an e-gift card and have not received it yet. I sent a dm to Carnival on twitter asking if I would get a physical gift card or another e-gift card. They told me an e-gift card by email. I called Carnival this morning and held for 30 minutes only to be transferred to the funshop extension because she said once a cruise is cancelled they can't see your funshop purchases. So before you hold a long time just choose the funshop when given the options on the phone. The lady at the funshop told me that I should look for a physical gift card unlike what I was told via twitter. She looked up my booking # to find out they had no address on file to send the card! Idk how that is possible but she took my address and my email and told be I'll receive an email confirmation when it's approved and it should take about 10 days. The two ladies I spoke with today were lovely but the amount of communication between Carnival its customers is seriously lacking. 

Edited by trory

For those that had a recently cancelled cruise and used a gift card to pay for anything from the funshops (Cheers, Bubbles, Pixels... etc) you can call (1-800-522-7648) and have the items purchased moved over to your new booking, instead of waiting for a gift card refund.  Its best to do it the same day you move your FCC+OBC over to the new booking.  I just moved my Cheers (which I used a Gift Card to pay for) from a Sept 2020 cruise to a Feb 2021 cruise.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, jdoc2007 said:

For those that had a recently cancelled cruise and used a gift card to pay for anything from the funshops (Cheers, Bubbles, Pixels... etc) you can call (1-800-522-7648) and have the items purchased moved over to your new booking, instead of waiting for a gift card refund.  Its best to do it the same day you move your FCC+OBC over to the new booking.  I just moved my Cheers (which I used a Gift Card to pay for) from a Sept 2020 cruise to a Feb 2021 cruise.

Damn, I wish I had known this.  I had bought Cheers during the 10% discount sale and used GC (it was a significant savings).  I thought I had to accept the cancellation.  Thanks for the info. Will remember this if it happens again..

On 6/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, LotusLane said:

Damn, I wish I had known this.  I had bought Cheers during the 10% discount sale and used GC (it was a significant savings).  I thought I had to accept the cancellation.  Thanks for the info. Will remember this if it happens again..

That's why I figured I should share the information with all of the cancellations/rebookings going on.  I did the same with the Cheers discount + the 12% GC savings, I didnt want to lose any of it and/or wait months for a new GC to be mailed.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:55 AM, jdoc2007 said:

That's why I figured I should share the information with all of the cancellations/rebookings going on.  I did the same with the Cheers discount + the 12% GC savings, I didnt want to lose any of it and/or wait months for a new GC to be mailed.

This discounted Cheers transferred to a new cruise without you having to pay more?  That's great!  I will definitely have to remember this if my November cruise gets canceled. 

21 minutes ago, daley18 said:

This discounted Cheers transferred to a new cruise without you having to pay more?  That's great!  I will definitely have to remember this if my November cruise gets canceled. 

Yes!  It was a cheers package transfer and not a monetary transfer.  Hopefully you wont have to deal with it and your cruise sails.  Good luck!

I called again today to check on some gift card refunds due on cruise, shore excursions, transfers, and fun shop purchases for our June 19 Norway cruise cancelled on March 13.  We had received our credit card refunds about a month ago.  We were told our gift card refunds could take up to 2 more months😡

Edited by HLGW60

I canceled a Breeze cruise for this November online on Friday July 10th and received a fedex package today July 16th. with the gift cards.  Very fast even for normal business conditions.   Unfortunately I was expecting a cash refund but that is a different issue.

My Breeze 1/30/21 cruise was cancelled a couple of weeks ago for the Radiance move.  I'd purchased discounted Cruise Cash using discounted gift cards.  Having my TA hold the FCC/OBC for later.  Not sure I'll rebook anything for January.  May have it applied to one of my Legend 2021 Med/TA.

Anyway, just asked her about having the Cruise Cash held as well and transfer it all later.  Otherwise, I'll be watching for Fed Ex.

This is slightly off topic but my wife and I are booked on a 2/21 sailing on the Fascination out of Puerto Rico.  With all sailings out of PR non-bookable at this point until Sept 2021, we are assuming this cruise will also be cancelled (our 4th cancellation ugh).  We paid for most of this one with gift cards and are debating on what we want to do.  If we cancel now, we will lose $250 deposit and receive gift cards back, about $900 worth.  Does anyone know a place where one could sell Carnival GCs safely and quickly?  I"m half tempted to take the loss and convert to cash at this point.  I'm very tired of this current book / rebook game and I'm not overly confident with the outlook for 2021 at this point.  TIA

We paid for most of our April 5th cruise with Carnival gift cards through AARP.  We chose FCC since our money was tied up with Carnival anyway and with 2 cabins we get $1200 in total OBC.  We paid for excursions with our credit card.  We received a refund on our C.C. for the excursions within a few weeks of Carnival cancelling.  Day before yesterday we finally received 2 gift cards for what I assume are the taxes, fees and port expenses. The amount we received though is not what we  paid for those taxes,fees and port expenses.  I sure wish there was somewhere on our Carnival accounts that would show what our FCC is.  It's all very confusing.