Queens Grill vs. Yacht Club (MSC)

Bowette1981!

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

My mistake, I confused MSC Yacht Club with NCL Haven.    Is the MSC product much better than the NCL.

When Cunard returns to service post COVID 19, we will see what the changes are.  Masks are now required on all U.S. Airlines.   No one sits in a middle seat in tourist and six foot distance is the rule.   I imagine check in will be very different as they try to maintain the distance.   If you get there early, you may have to wait outdoors.   Health checks will be taken even if you are in the best Suite.   There may be no sitting at the bar because of potential virus spread.   Hope we won’t have to wear masks on the QM2, at least on airlines the food is rarely worth eating.

Hi CPC!

Yes, in our opinion at least.

NCL is all bells and whistles, with loud announcements (and even louder passengers) all day, whereas we found the MAJORITY of passengers on MSC YC to be much easier on the ear.

Obviously you have to incur any announcements in eight separate languages, but on a European cruise line with so many nationalities there is no other option.

From arrival, to embarkation, to time aboard, we found the service really rather special.

YC is completely separate to the rest of the ship, comparable to Haven, but that's where the similarities end.

You won't find loud pop music blaring at you around every corner, nor big screen TVs forcing sport into your face.

Just a calmer atmosphere where entertainment is more akin to a pianist or string quartet than it is samba lessons.

The sun deck is more intimate too and features it's own private hot tubs and pool too.

There's a plentiful buffet too (served by the waiters if you desire) with the additional paid for option of your own private cabana if required.

As mentioned before, the general areas are your typical mass market ships which don't appeal to us at all unfortunately.

But we're very much looking forward to our Crystal and Cunard experiences later this year and into 2021!

I agree totally with you on airplane food... but we will be flying and holidaying again just as soon as we can - even with restrictions.

Covid 19 has been the biggest test to mankind in recent years but I feel it's something we will overcome and (it's a cliche) life must and will go on. We'll adapt as is necessary but there's a great big world out there with fun to be had along the way!

(just not rock climbing or line dancing fun)

😀

G

Guest SilverHengroen
On 5/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, exlondoner said:

One thing I would say about Cunard ships, and this applies whatever level of cabin one has booked. I have always found them to be serene and spacious. Obviously, if several hundred people leave a popular lecture at the same time, you are in a crowd. But, other than that sort of thing, the ship never feels crowded, there always seems lots of space, and there is a soothing calmness pervading the ship. Incidentally, I have used the buffet twice or three times in twenty-odd voyages, so it may well not apply there, however.

Because of the larger number of QG/PG suites on Cunard, they seem to have slightly fewer passengers on board than similarly sized ships sailing for other lines (even those ostensibly in the same sort of category like Celebrity) which is nice even if you're not sailing in the grills yourself! 🙂

3 hours ago, SilverHengroen said:

Because of the larger number of QG/PG suites on Cunard, they seem to have slightly fewer passengers on board than similarly sized ships sailing for other lines (even those ostensibly in the same sort of category like Celebrity) which is nice even if you're not sailing in the grills yourself! 🙂

Thank You!

It sounds calm, serene and just the sort of relaxing mini break one needs at the start of a New Year.

G