Transferring third-party insurance for a Lift & Switch cruise

Has anybody transferred third-party insurance for an L&S cruise?  They normally require proof of cancellation to transfer insurance from one cruise to another, but there seems to be no paper trail for L&S cruises.

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Has anybody transferred third-party insurance for an L&S cruise?  They normally require proof of cancellation to transfer insurance from one cruise to another, but there seems to be no paper trail for L&S cruises.

The reservation ID of your new booking remains the same as the original cancelled booking.  Maybe this can be used as proof.

1 hour ago, cruz-control said:

The reservation ID of your new booking remains the same as the original cancelled booking.  Maybe this can be used as proof.

They gave me a new booking reservation number when I lift and shift last week. I’m just going to wait till the cruise is canceled then get a refund on the insurance.

I submitted a screenshot of the L&S rules from the website and gave them copies of the original receipt and the new receipt.  They did come back to me to confirm the cost of the new cruise and to make sure I didn't have any pending claims for the original sailing.  I just emailed everything to them.  

I was able to do it with the Lift and Shift.  I purchased through the Trip Insurance Store.  I called and spoke with Steve.   He asked to send confirmation of the change and I still have the same reservation number so that works.  First time I've ever been able to do this.  

Edited by torpeedo