Canceled 2020 Sailings from Seattle

Kenosha Cruiser

I just checked the Port of Seattle website. It has a updated cruise advisory, all 2020 cruises including Princess, Holland America and Carnival cruise ships have been canceled for the rest of the year. Below is the link to read. Our Sept. 26th cruise on the Ruby Princess is history.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

https://www.portseattle.org/page/covid-19-updates-2020-cruise-season

I received an email last Thursday stating my Sept 20 cruise had been cancelled as well as all other cruises this season. I have not gotten any further correspondence about refunds etc. I see the cruise is still listed as a future cruise and was still open to book yesterday but I assume with emerging staffing issues and the massive lists of crisis related tasks to be done the website is not current.  

12 hours ago, MustangGT said:

We also booked the cruise on September 26th.  Been waiting to cancel but guess we won’t have to.  Have you heard anything from Princess?  The cruise is still available for booking.

I Haven't heard a thing from Princess about our Sept. 26th cruise. I knew Princess announced all Alaskan cruises were canceled this year, but our northern California Coastal cruise was still a go from Seattle. If canceled, I'm surprised it's still available to book on Princess's website. Hopefully we should know more in a few days. I'm glad I only have a deposit (FCD) down on it. Final payment would be a big no at this point. If you hear anything from Princess, please post. We also have a roll call for this cruise, folks are wondering the same there.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

13 hours ago, weedpindle said:

On the Princess website re cancelled cruises

Our Sept. 26th cruise on the Ruby Princess was not listed as being canceled. Princess put that announcement out on May 6th, a lot could have changed in a weeks time.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

12 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

I Haven't heard a thing from Princess about our Sept. 26th cruise. I knew Princess announced all Alaskan cruises were canceled this year, but our northern California Coastal cruise was still a go from Seattle. If canceled, I'm surprised it's still available to book on Princess's website. Hopefully we should know more in a few days. I'm glad I only have a deposit (FCD) down on it. Final payment would be a big no at this point. If you hear anything from Princess, please post. We also have a roll call for this cruise, folks are wondering the same there.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

We are also only invested with a FCD at this point so I wasn’t worried about cancelling until Final Payment.  Since San Francisco closed their port a few weeks ago and Canada was a big “?”, I wasn’t holding out much hope for this cruise.  I will keep you posted on when/how we are notified.