Razor socket bathrooms

catperson02

I am optimistically planning for our forthcoming cruises - Arcadia this Christmas and Britannia next August. Normally we take battery powered "holiday" toothbrushes but we would like to take our normal rechargeable electric ones.  My question is where are the razor sockets in the bathrooms? Are they at low level or, as in some hotels, at the top of the mirror? Hopefully they are near enough to the sink level for the cable to reach to the toothbrush charger. Otherwise I will have to root around and find our adapter to convert the 2 pin razor plug to a 3 pin UK one and charge in the bedroom area. This may take until Christmas as I am not totally sure where it was put after last years house move! I am fully aware that I cannot leave it charging when I am not in the cabin. Hopefully someone can help me with this. Thank you

They do not take the standard two pin which Braun/OralB brushes have. I don’t know why they didn’t opt for the standard shaver socket option. You need to use the standard 3pin in the cabin along with a shaver adapter. 

Edited by Ranchi

Amazingly you will find that electric toothbrushes do not need charging

that often.  In February had 35 days on Ventura and used toothbrushes twice a day,

sometimes more, and the charge was retained all that time.

27 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Amazingly you will find that electric toothbrushes do not need charging

that often.  In February had 35 days on Ventura and used toothbrushes twice a day,

sometimes more, and the charge was retained all that time.

Are you seriously suggesting that toothbrushes last longer at sea?

I have had Oral B toothbrushes for years and they needed charging at least every ten days at home and at sea. My newest one ,which is advertised as having a longer life battery, lasts a maximum of 15-18 days if you you is it as instructed.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We use rechargeable batteries in our holiday toothbrushes. Not a problem for us.

Avril 

The P&O blurb says shaver sockets in bathrooms on Britannia. They are 2 pin sockets, but shaver/toothbrush plugs DO NOT FIT. Our Braun t/b lasts about 10 days , my shaver about 15. As first time aboard was 14 days, big problem. Fortunately we went to Barbados in Premium and had the little brushes that they gave you on the plane. The onboard shop sells three pin shaver plugs at about £15. We told reception, but they weren't particularly interested as the lady at the desk had a beard and her breath was a bit pongy anyway😂

Thanks. It looks like it would be a good idea to track down my adapter. The toothbrush needs charging about every week or so at home so will definitely need charging while we are away. Hopefully it will be able to charge in the bathroom but if not then it can be charged in the cabin.

The bathroom shaver sockets on most cruise ships seem to be the European wide slim prong type, and most UK shavers are sold with the narrower thicker prong type, so I have never found them useful.  But since I normally shave in the cabin while my wife is in the bathroom, I always keep my shaver in what I term my electrical drawer, in which I keep all the charger apparatus and adaptors, as well as my camera, binoculars etc etc......

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

The bathroom shaver sockets on most cruise ships seem to be the European wide slim prong type, and most UK shavers are sold with the narrower thicker prong type, so I have never found them useful.  But since I normally shave in the cabin while my wife is in the bathroom, I always keep my shaver in what I term my electrical drawer, in which I keep all the charger apparatus and adaptors, as well as my camera, binoculars etc etc......

That sounds like a jolly good idea. Better than hunting around the cabin for 10 mins and shouting " where did YOU put the toothbrush charger". Lesson learnt here.

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That sounds like a jolly good idea. Better than hunting around the cabin for 10 mins and shouting " where did YOU put the toothbrush charger". Lesson learnt here.

It might be the accessible cabins on Azura/Ventura which have 8 big drawers in their bedside units, that means there is always one spare for my electrical gadgets. It's possible that standard cabins are not as well equipped.