Florida vacation house rental - but I'm from NJ

Hoping to rent a vacation home the last week of December this year and will want to insure the investment.  

Right now, there is a travel quarantine requirement for individuals coming from certain states into FL, and one of those states is mine (NJ).  I'm really hoping that the restriction is lifted soon (and anticipate that by December we should be fine), but what does this mean for insurance now?

Assuming I can find an agency willing to rent to me for a seven-day period in December (some are currently requiring 14 day rentals), can I still get a CFAR policy?  Is the mandate today requiring a 14-day (or length of stay, whichever is less) quarantine in FL for NJ residents going to preclude me from getting valid coverage?  Will I need to wait to make any reservation until the mandate is lifted?

It's a family vacation too.  What if a family member living outside of NJ makes the reservation?  How does that change the insurance?

Thanks for your help

10 hours ago, msmayor said:

Hoping to rent a vacation home the last week of December this year and will want to insure the investment.  

Right now, there is a travel quarantine requirement for individuals coming from certain states into FL, and one of those states is mine (NJ).  I'm really hoping that the restriction is lifted soon (and anticipate that by December we should be fine), but what does this mean for insurance now?

Assuming I can find an agency willing to rent to me for a seven-day period in December (some are currently requiring 14 day rentals), can I still get a CFAR policy?  Is the mandate today requiring a 14-day (or length of stay, whichever is less) quarantine in FL for NJ residents going to preclude me from getting valid coverage?  Will I need to wait to make any reservation until the mandate is lifted?

It's a family vacation too.  What if a family member living outside of NJ makes the reservation?  How does that change the insurance?

Thanks for your help

Hi msmayor,

You may get a few plans with the CFAR. If a family member living in New York State makes the reservation, they cannot get a plan with CFAR.

> Is the mandate today requiring a 14-day (or length of stay, whichever is less) quarantine in FL for NJ residents going to preclude me from getting valid coverage?

> Will I need to wait to make any reservation until the mandate is lifted?

If you're getting a trip cancellation tavel insurance plan with or without the CFAR, neither of these will count against you. The only things that matter are you meeting the requirements for buying the policy.

I have a few questions:

- Is one person renting the property, paying for the entire cost and letting everyone else stay for free?

- Or, is everyone splitting up the rental cost between themselves?

- everyone flying, driving or getting there some other way?

Steve

41 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi msmayor,

You may get a few plans with the CFAR. If a family member living in New York State makes the reservation, they cannot get a plan with CFAR.

> Is the mandate today requiring a 14-day (or length of stay, whichever is less) quarantine in FL for NJ residents going to preclude me from getting valid coverage?

> Will I need to wait to make any reservation until the mandate is lifted?

If you're getting a trip cancellation tavel insurance plan with or without the CFAR, neither of these will count against you. The only things that matter are you meeting the requirements for buying the policy.

I have a few questions:

- Is one person renting the property, paying for the entire cost and letting everyone else stay for free?

- Or, is everyone splitting up the rental cost between themselves?

- everyone flying, driving or getting there some other way?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply.

The plan is for one person to cover the entire cost of the rental - well, really two I guess...my husband and I.  It's our gift to our kids and families for the holiday.

Everyone will be flying, but on different schedules.  Daughter and her husband will likely fly down (from VA) a day or two before Christmas because her husband's parents live in FL.  My husband, son are planning to fly in on the 25th from PHL, closest airport to our home.  

Biggest concern for the insurance is the rental on the house.  Would CFAR require me to insure all the flights too?

22 hours ago, msmayor said:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply.

The plan is for one person to cover the entire cost of the rental - well, really two I guess...my husband and I.  It's our gift to our kids and families for the holiday.

Everyone will be flying, but on different schedules.  Daughter and her husband will likely fly down (from VA) a day or two before Christmas because her husband's parents live in FL.  My husband, son are planning to fly in on the 25th from PHL, closest airport to our home.  

Biggest concern for the insurance is the rental on the house.  Would CFAR require me to insure all the flights too?

Hi msmayor,

You and your husband would insure the rental and your airfare.

You are not required to insure airfare for the others.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1