2022 World Cruise Can we please see the itinerary😃

4 hours ago, Mary Ellen said:

We sure hope they don’t just reuse the planned 2021 itinerary for 2022. That itinerary has absolutely no appeal to us. We’ll be trying to find alternatives to use up all of our future cruise credits from 2020 and we’d rather take another WC.

Same here. We put a FCD on the 2022, hoping to pick up what we missed after being put ashore in Perth. But it has to be the right itinerary. ‘In an excess of caution’ - a phrase we heard so often in those final days - we’ve also booked the 2021 Grand Africa. Neither of us has been to ANY of the ports on that one, and our missing Africa segment is really what we’re looking for.  As a bonus, our FCC covers the entire cruise with enough leftover to cover most of the previous Atlantic Coast cruise from Montreal.

Once the 2022 GWV itinerary is announced, we can decide which one to keep and which one to cancel. At this point, the 2022 itinerary has its work cut out to be more appealing than the mouthwatering opportunities on the Grand Africa. We shall wait and see.

I sure would love to see the 2022 itinerary even if they did not let us book until much later.  I will be going regardless because there is no other way I can use up my future cruise credits but I do like to start planning.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 10:57 PM, KirkNC said:

It also could be they don’t think the 21 WC is a go and they can just reuse the itinerary.

Reusing the itinerary is an easy fix, and in theory, perhaps they can. But, even reusing the same route still requires negotiations with ports for dates, times, etc. What worked in 2021 may not work for a port in 2022. 

• Like 2

If you even THINK you want to take the 2022 WC, you need to let your TA know and "get in line" to make a reservation. First choices go to current WC folks, then it opens up. We have been on the list for months, so will hopefully be able to get a cabin when it opens, but they do go pretty fast...then you wait for the cancellations and fewer cabins available. I'm HOPING one of the two itineraries we would like are chosen, otherwise, we'll opt out and be happy taking other long cruises.