The primary reason for my insurance was a 2 week tour of Italy with Oberammergau, in August 2020. That trip has been postponed by the travel company until 2022, so no loss here. But I have included in the value of my insurance 4 flights and a cruise which are no longer required and will need to cancelled. Would any of these flights and or cruise be recoverable?

8 hours ago, rhblake said:

The primary reason for my insurance was a 2 week tour of Italy with Oberammergau, in August 2020. That trip has been postponed by the travel company until 2022, so no loss here. But I have included in the value of my insurance 4 flights and a cruise which are no longer required and will need to cancelled. Would any of these flights and or cruise be recoverable?

Hi rhblake,

Which policy do you have and does it include the Cancel For Any Reason coverage?

Steve Dasseos

It is not cancel for any reason. The policy is: Provider: iTravelInsured, Product: Travel SE purchased on October 28, 2019, Insured amount is $15,000. The tour of Italy was $9,120 (postponed until 2022 so no financial loss here), the balance is airfares and cruise.

4 hours ago, rhblake said:

It is not cancel for any reason. The policy is: Provider: iTravelInsured, Product: Travel SE purchased on October 28, 2019, Insured amount is $15,000. The tour of Italy was $9,120 (postponed until 2022 so no financial loss here), the balance is airfares and cruise.

> I have included in the value of my insurance 4 flights and a cruise which are no longer required and will need to cancelled. Would any of these flights and or cruise be recoverable?

Are you getting the full refund in cash from these 4 flights and the cruise? If so, iTravelInsured will let you lower your trip cost and change your travel dates. You will need to have the written documentation showing you got your money back.

I suggest you have whoever sold you your policy help you with these changes. If they are unwilling to help, or recommend you work with iTravelInsured directly, I will help you do it.

Steve Dasseos