Since we typically cruise several times per year, we select an annual plan for the two of us. I'm 79 and my spouse is 80; fortunately, we have never had a claim of any sort.

We also book far ahead. For example, we have two cruises booked at the moment: Feb. 2021 and Nov. 2021.

As I understand it, the pre-existing clause stipulates that you have to buy the policy within 10 days of booking the cruise. Obviously, that just doesn't work.

1) Does this mean that pre-existing conditions will never be covered for us?

2) Am I correct in waiting until late January 2021 to purchase our next annual policy (assuming we don't book another cruise between now and then)?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Travelfor2 said:

Since we typically cruise several times per year, we select an annual plan for the two of us. I'm 79 and my spouse is 80; fortunately, we have never had a claim of any sort.

We also book far ahead. For example, we have two cruises booked at the moment: Feb. 2021 and Nov. 2021.

As I understand it, the pre-existing clause stipulates that you have to buy the policy within 10 days of booking the cruise. Obviously, that just doesn't work.

1) Does this mean that pre-existing conditions will never be covered for us?

2) Am I correct in waiting until late January 2021 to purchase our next annual policy (assuming we don't book another cruise between now and then)?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Travelfor2,

Which plan are you referring to?

Steve Dasseos

I am referring to any of the annual plans we have purchased that has a pre-existing condition clause. In my experience they’re all the same on this point. 
Are you aware of policies that cover PEC for the full year regardless of when the trip occurs within the coverage period?

2 hours ago, Travelfor2 said:

I am referring to any of the annual plans we have purchased that has a pre-existing condition clause. In my experience they’re all the same on this point. 
Are you aware of policies that cover PEC for the full year regardless of when the trip occurs within the coverage period?

Hi Travelfgor2,

If the policy wording states "that you have to buy the policy within 10 days of booking", then that is what the policy requires.

> In my experience they’re all the same on this point

The companies aren't all the same. Some plans have shorter time-sensitive deadlines while others have longer deadlines. Some do not cover pre-existing conditions at all.

> Are you aware of policies that cover PEC for the full year regardless of when the trip occurs within the coverage period?

Yes. I don't want to promote any specific plan here, so if you send me your name, ages, I will email you the plan's details. My email is steve@tripinsurancestore.com .

Steve Dasseos