S3 cabins

rollie

14 hours ago, Doctor G said:

What I would miss in a S3 is the bed facing the ocean with the window opening from the bathroom so that you can see the ocean from the bathroom.  I don't know if the S3's have that window, but I think not.

Yes, it is a trade off.  We decided a bigger balcony  is more important than the bed configuration.

Rollie

Not specific to S3 but all Edge class balconies that we found rather annoying - the latch mechanism on the balcony door was changed. It is rotated 90 degrees so it doesn’t stick out - but they completely removed the outside handle that rotates. What this means is that if you are on the balcony you cannot latch the door and that means that both the AC in the room turns off and the door whistles with air blowing through it. And I would think this wonderful change would eliminate the door from making noise when closed, but ours still did even when fully latched. So the new design is not any better other than maybe looks.

When we went back inside our room would be hot because the AC hadn’t been running.

Not the end of the world by any means, but it was one of about 30 things we noticed on Edge that really shows the number of non cruise people they had involved in the wonderful design of the new class of ships. They all may be world known designers, but removed things we really liked from the solstice class ships and obviously have spent little to no time on them.