CUNARD - Now Cancels into November

marcoigna

On 6/9/2020 at 5:51 PM, Beamafar said:

Hi Marco .... such a shame MSC wouldn’t take a leaf out of Cunard’s book and announce cancellations before final payment dates!

Regardless of when Cunard announced the cancelations, I'm still waiting on a refund for a canceled Cunard cruise in March that was supposed to sail in March.  They are holding onto $$ just like everyone else.  First they said 60 days for the refund, then 90 days, and now no timeline at all, which is why I finally broke down and filed a credit card dispute.  Cunard is one of my favorite lines, but they have lost a lot of credibility with me and the runaround with refunds.    

Meanwhile I just booked a cruise today on SEASIDE for this September.  I hope it actually sails as I'm anxious to go.  The rate was fantastic.  If it doesn't sail I will understand, and take whatever FCC offer they provide.  I'm not planning on any refund for this one.  

Edited by eroller

3 hours ago, kidless said:

Omg Hello! How are you? I had to call Tonya to tell her you still cruising! I’m forever grateful to you for getting me into cruising! 

Doing well. Hope all is well with you.  I retired at the end of February. Had enough after twenty-eight years. We had the Grandiosa booked out of Barcelona in April and the Seaside for May. Oh well.......🙂

27 minutes ago, eroller said:

Regardless of when Cunard announced the cancelations, I'm still waiting on a refund for a canceled Cunard cruise in March that was supposed to sail in March.  They are holding onto $$ just like everyone else.  First they said 60 days for the refund, then 90 days, and now no timeline at all, which is why I finally broke down and filed a credit card dispute.  Cunard is one of my favorite lines, but they have lost a lot of credibility with me and the runaround with refunds.    

Meanwhile I just booked a cruise today on SEASIDE for this September.  I hope it actually sails as I'm anxious to go.  The rate was fantastic.  If it doesn't sail I will understand, and take whatever FCC offer they provide.  I'm not planning on any refund for this one.  

Ernie it’s amazing how the heads of some of the cruise companies have failed to realize that they need to transparent on issuing refunds. Seems like most are using our money to keep their business going. 

13 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Doing well. Hope all is well with you.  I retired at the end of February. Had enough after twenty-eight years. We had the Grandiosa booked out of Barcelona in April and the Seaside for May. Oh well.......🙂

Tonya said you’d gone to California. Congrats on retiring. It’s so much fun! Lots of time for cruising when the worlds not going to ***** in hand basket!   We have a b2b on Seaside in September almost time for final payment. Think I’m going to be optimistic. If it gets cancelled I’ll just use the FCC for cruises we have booked for next year. Stay healthy I’m sure I’ll see you around on the boards and maybe on ship one day! Tonya & I have 9 day out of NJ in October 2021.  We both still crazy!
Take care & Stay healthy, 

Diane 

23 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Ernie it’s amazing how the heads of some of the cruise companies have failed to realize that they need to transparent on issuing refunds. Seems like most are using our money to keep their business going. 

A little transparency would have gone a long way!  The BS excuses are ridiculous and they keep stringing you along.  Cruise lines are already suffering from a massive perception problem after all the COVID cases on various ships.  Now they have a credibility problem as well, with many loyal (and first time cruisers) seeing their money held hostage for 90 days and longer, with no communication from most cruise lines.  There is no way I would shell out any substantial money to any cruise line right now, as I know it would be 90 days or longer before I would ever see it again should I need to cancel (or they cancel).  I did just book the MSC cruise, but it was cheap and I don't expect to get the money back if it cancels.  Some people have $40k and more tied up with the cruise lines.  Times are tough and people have lost jobs and need $$.  Now is not the time to be holding people's money hostage.    

Edited by eroller

50 minutes ago, eroller said:

We have. a b2b on Seaside in September sailing on 19th. You’re right great deal!! We will be making final payment this week if it’s cancelled I’ll take the credit. But I’m feeling positive. Florida is opening back up. Disney & Universal opening this Month if that goes well I think by September we will be cruising! 🤞🏻

11 minutes ago, kidless said:

We have. a b2b on Seaside in September sailing on 19th. You’re right great deal!! We will be making final payment this week if it’s cancelled I’ll take the credit. But I’m feeling positive. Florida is opening back up. Disney & Universal opening this Month if that goes well I think by September we will be cruising! 🤞🏻

I'm with you!  I think there is a 75% chance we will sail, and 25% it will cancel.  I knew booking it that it might cancel, and I'm prepared if it does and I'll be fine with a FCC.  Like you mentioned Disney and Universal are opening as well as Vegas.  Flight schedules in July will be double that of May as more and more people are traveling, I think to an even greater extent than airlines anticipated.  The world is reopening.  Cruising will be next.  Now it's up to the individual countries and ports to announce their plans to reopen, and we will see cruises start to ramp up.  Even if this cruise on the 19th has its ports changed or rearranged, I'm fine with that.  It's more about enjoying the time at sea for me, and Ocean Cay which I loved.  I actually wouldn't mind stopping in Ocean Cay twice, once at the beginning and once at the end of the cruise.     

Edited by eroller

6 minutes ago, eroller said:

Even if this cruise on the 19th has its ports changed or rearranged, I'm fine with that.  It's more about enjoying the time at sea for me, and Ocean Cay which I loved.  I actually wouldn't mind stopping in Ocean Cay twice, once at the beginning and once at the end of the cruise.     

Although I enjoy  ports it’s more about the journey for me. And Seaside looks like a fun ship! I’ve heard that for now Caymans port is closed but no biggie for me. Like you Ocean Cay would be great. We were there in December but could only stay about two hours due to weather so I’d love more time there. At this point just being on ship with a beer sounds good to me! I’m traveling with my husband. Hope to see you on board. Did you sign up for the meet & Mingle. MSC does a nice one. 

22 minutes ago, kidless said:

Although I enjoy  ports it’s more about the journey for me. And Seaside looks like a fun ship! I’ve heard that for now Caymans port is closed but no biggie for me. Like you Ocean Cay would be great. We were there in December but could only stay about two hours due to weather so I’d love more time there. At this point just being on ship with a beer sounds good to me! I’m traveling with my husband. Hope to see you on board. Did you sign up for the meet & Mingle. MSC does a nice one. 

No I haven't signed up for the meet & mingle but I'll check it out.  I just booked today with a few other friends.  It will be my second time on SEASIDE.  Last time was the YC which was nice, but not this time.  I really like the ship.  In December we stopped at Ocean Cay on MERAVIGLIA and I loved it.  We were one of the first ships to stop there.  We stayed till midnight.  It was a beautiful day and night, and the lighthouse show and dance party on the beach were fun.  I had an aft balcony on MERAVIGLIA and loved watching our midnight departure from Ocean Cay and set sail for the short distance to Miami.  It was a beautiful moonlit night and you could actually see the channel that was dredged for entry and exit to Ocean Cay.  It was lined with runway lights as well which was cool.  Looking forward to a repeat, but no aft balcony this time.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kidless said:

Tonya said you’d gone to California. Congrats on retiring. It’s so much fun! Lots of time for cruising when the worlds not going to ***** in hand basket!   We have a b2b on Seaside in September almost time for final payment. Think I’m going to be optimistic. If it gets cancelled I’ll just use the FCC for cruises we have booked for next year. Stay healthy I’m sure I’ll see you around on the boards and maybe on ship one day! Tonya & I have 9 day out of NJ in October 2021.  We both still crazy!
Take care & Stay healthy, 

Diane 

It’s frustrating trying to guess when cruising will resume and plan. Hopefully by September of next year all of this will be behind us. That’s why we booked that cruise so far in the future. We may slip in a west coast cruise in between.

Yes, loving California. It came down to moving back to Florida or Cali to retire. California won. 🙂

• Like 1