Drink Packages Refundable?

Hi!  I've not taken a cruise in 5 years and we just booked for February 2021 on Oasis (woohoo!!).

I'm calculating the costs for non-refundable items for our cancel for any reason insurance, I just booked drink packages for the first time so I'm not sure of the answer to this.  Should we cancel on our own, all prepaid packages, tips and excursions/reservations booked through RCI would be refunded, right?  Just not the cruise fare?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, April-in-NC said:

Should we cancel on our own, all prepaid packages, tips and excursions/reservations booked through RCI would be refunded, right?  Just not the cruise fare?

Yes and yes. There's no reason to prepay grats/tips - it's very unlikely they will change between now and your sailing.

Edited by Biker19

Just now, April-in-NC said:

So much has changed since we last cruised, I feel like a brand new cruiser!

And some more did in the last three months, including very lengthy waits for refunds - yet another reason you should minimize any optional purchases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And some more did in the last three months, including very lengthy waits for refunds - yet another reason you should minimize any optional purchases.

We did drink packages and a shore excursion on Labadee today to get the sale prices.  This trip is to celebrate my mom's 65th birthday and my 40th and we are 100% committed, but my dad will be 84 when we sail and is at high risk for complications due to Covid19, so we want to hope for the best and plan for the worst.  

I can wait for the refund, as long as I know it is coming.  If it isn't refundable I just wanted to make sure my trip insurance policy covered that amount.

Thanks again!