Quantum Class Balcony vs. Large Balcony

Over the weekend, I booked three staterooms for my family (6 adults and 4 children) on the Odyssey of the Seas for 2022.  All three staterooms are regular balcony rooms, but I'm thinking about changing to the Large Balcony category.  The difference in price for all three staterooms for the bigger balcony is around $1000 total (not per cabin).  I'm a big fan of balconies and will spend time on it each day.  My daughters and their families probably won't spend quite as much time as I will.  From reading the description, the Large Balcony staterooms are slightly smaller, but the balcony is bigger.  Is the difference in stateroom and balcony size noticeable?  Would it be worth the extra expense?  Just looking for some opinions.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

You might consider getting just one large balcony.  If you can find two regular balconies next to the large balcony and then ask for the dividers to be opened between the balconies, you would have a very large combined balcony for ~$330.  

Good idea!  I'll have to call tomorrow and see if they can find one large next to two regular balconies.  

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not $1K's worth. Spend the extra $1K on a fourth cabin.

No need for a fourth cabin, but I think I can come up with other things to spend that $1k on while I'm on the ship.  🙂

I’ve had large balconies on other Quantum and Quantum Ultra Class ships. It’s nice to have but not worth the $1K. Quantum Class balconies feels larger than balconies on other class of ships. I never took the time to measure the balconies but it does feel large compare to Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class. Most of the “large” balconies are larger because they are in parts of the ship that transition out or in like a hump so one side is longer than the other... it does add significant space to the balconies.. but it’s not worth the $1K.

There are some “regular” balconies that are a little bigger than all the other balconies.. where one side is longer than the other... it’s still consider regular because it isn’t significantly larger... like x250 and x650 cabins on decks 8, 9, and 10. replace the X with a deck number. If you look at a deck plan, you’ll see what I mean.

There are some balconies all the way aft on the side (last balcony cabin on either side of the ship that isn’t aft facing) are consider regular balconies but have extremely wide balconies because of the location. It’s not shown on the deck plans. I had one on Spectrum and it was the size of 2 balconies side by side. 

Edited by SkaterJasp

3 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

I’ve had large balconies on other Quantum and Quantum Ultra Class ships. It’s nice to have but not worth the $1K. Quantum Class balconies feels larger than balconies on other class of ships. I never took the time to measure the balconies but it does feel large compare to Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class. Most of the “large” balconies are larger because they are in parts of the ship that transition out or in like a hump so one side is longer than the other... it does add significant space to the balconies.. but it’s not worth the $1K.

There are some “regular” balconies that are a little bigger than all the other balconies.. where one side is longer than the other... it’s still consider regular because it isn’t significantly larger... like x250 and x650 cabins on decks 8, 9, and 10. replace the X with a deck number. If you look at a deck plan, you’ll see what I mean.

There are some balconies all the way aft on the side (last balcony cabin on either side of the ship that isn’t aft facing) are consider regular balconies but have extremely wide balconies because of the location. It’s not shown on the deck plans. I had one on Spectrum and it was the size of 2 balconies side by side. 

Thank you so much!  This is very helpful!!!