My DD was in a wedding in September and the dress

still fits. It is white. I'm wondering... do you think I

could get it dyed for a reasonable amount? That could

then be her formal dress on the cruise. Has anyone

done this? If so, how much was it and who should I

contact?

TIA,

Lori

The dress might be fine as it is. There is nothing wrong with white especially on a caribbean cruise.

Just from a guys point of view, get her a colorful silk scarf or one of those shawl things.

The problem with dying is it looks dyed, my experience with my sister doing the same thing. and sometimes the dye runs and can stain the skin.

Dave:eek:

It also depends on the fabric, some fabrics don't take dye well, or will take deeper in some areas.

I'd leave the dress white, add a colorful hair bow or some other accessory to change the look a bit. A white dress, especially on a little girl, is fine for formal night.

If it were me (and the dress would accomodate it), I would get her a pair of shoes and a sash or ribbon in a matching, seasonal color, and leave the dress itself white. Don't forget that whatever you do you should make sure to get some pictures of her dressed up in it on the ship, especially if they are doing the "lifestyle" portraits with the white backgroun - she will look gorgeous!

If it were me (and the dress would accomodate it)' date=' I would get her a pair of shoes and a sash or ribbon in a matching, seasonal color, and leave the dress itself white. Don't forget that whatever you do you should make sure to get some pictures of her dressed up in it on the ship, especially if they are doing the "lifestyle" portraits with the white backgroun - she will look gorgeous![/quote']

I second this! great idea- a pretty sash.

Have to second, third or fourth previous opinions on leaving dress white and adding some colorful accessories.

Different fabrics take dye in different ways and any trim sewn into the dress as part of the design will not dye the same color as the main fabric of the dress.

Don't spoil a dress that was perfect for a wedding - give it another chance to shine in public by taking it on a cruise where hundreds of passengers can enjoy it as well.:)

Dianne

Archived