How Much Should We Tip?

MKS

Regarding wheelchair help: Could anyone give me an approximation of how much we should tip at airport from check-in to gate; from gate to gate; from gate to baggage claim and through customs, at pier to cabin....

I don't want to over tip but I definitely do not want to undertip.

Thanks.

Gary brings his own w/c, we tip another dollar or two on shuttles because they put the chair in, just like the luggage. We don't tip at airports or the pier, as he is in the w/c and they are not pushing him. If a porter were to push him, we would give a tip for that.

Kathy

Although we also bring our wheelchair, often a porter at the airport or steward at the airport does push, and in those cases we do tip. Usually $5 but sometimes less if distance is very close and sometimes more if it seems circumstances requires it. For example, we have had a porter not only to push the wheelchair, but also to gather and push the luggage. We also tip the steward for pushing the wheelchair on at embarkation or disembarkation again usually $5.

It is likely that a travel agent never thought of mentioning anything about tipping for services related to a wheelchair, as that is a service that few people receive as opposed to luggage handling, a service most people receive.

I keep several $5 bills in my pocket for tipping through the airport and the cruise port. We are always grateful for the help.

Even though we have our own chair, having someone push through the airport will save you time and effort. They know all the tricks and back ways.

If you are going through Atlanta it will really save you time.

Archived