Glory vs. Inspiration with kids

2Feathers

New to the Carnival board... The Mrs. and I have cruised 4 times together, and decided it was time to take the kids (8 and 17). We're looking at the Glory (Western) and Inspiration, because we like the itineraries, and they're both within a reasonable driving distance, which will save on the air fare. We're usually more concerned with the ports of call than the ship, but with the kids going with us, we want to make sure they're happy and have plenty to do, both on and off the ship. Any feedback, input, or advice would be appreciated.

2Feathers

2Feathers,

Can't say for your older child, but the reason I chose the Glory for my cruise with my 9 year old was the Kid's Club facility. The newer ships have huge, open facilities with skylights, right next to the pool with the waterslide. The older ships have dark, damp windowless rooms back in a corner of the ship somewhere. I think the arcade (and the teen disco) are going to be better on the Glory. But I am sure there have been boatloads of kids that have sailed on the Inspiration who have had a blast.

I had originally considered a Disney Cruise. I decided that it wasn't worth the triple expense - a kid is going to be so thrilled to be on a cruise, they are going to have a good time no matter what. They are certainly not going to care if the carpet is stained!

Have fun!

Glory 6/5 - 4 snorkel trips!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Glory ! Glory ! Glory!

Obvioulsy I'm biased just having returned, but Glory does have 2 discos...one for teens 15-18 and another for 18 and up....there are many things extra to do on this ship compared to the Destiny class we sailed before, like basketball, volleyball, and I heard about Ping Pong but didn't see it. The Arcade is quite extensive and a big plus for kids of ALL ages icon_wink.gif...even us 40+ year old kids, is the slide...it's great!

ciao

RCI Nordic Empress 8/91

Disney Wonder 6/00

Carnival Victory 4/01

Carnival Triumph 4/02

Carnival Destiny 4/03

Carnival Glory 4/04

I would go with the Glory for sure. We had a great time on the Inspiration, but it doesn't have the facilities that the newer ships have. Balcony prices are cheaper as the Inspiration doesn't even have balconies until category 11. Carnival is great with kids either way. Nancy

99 Norwegian Sea 00Triumph

01 Victory 01 Spirit

02 Inspiration 02 Conquest

03Dawn Princess 04Celebration

Hi,

We originally booked Glory but after reading a lot of reviews and reconsidering what we really wanted we switched to Inspiration. Our kids will be 13 and 15 when we cruise.

We decided Glory was too big for us and too many kids. The little kids area doesn't matter to us - they're too old for that.

Who knows if it was the right decision. We'll try Inspiration first and maybe Glory another time. We thought we would be happier with a smaller ship.

No matter what I know it will be fun!

If your kids will utilize the Teen Disco at night be aware that the Inspiration does not have a dedicated teen disco (unless it has changed) - the teens have use of the adult disco until 11 I believe. The problem is the adults are able to use the disco also at this time. The bar is open and smoking is allowed. The Glory has a teen disco which keeps the teens together and separated from the adult disco. I have two teens and prefer the teen disco set up

Archived