EU Healthy Gateways advice fr restarting cruises

Cathygh

Just noticed that the American guests from the Diamond Princess who were repatriated in February and were 46 in number are still listed as active cases.

Also the 103 from the Grand Princess in March, 3 are recorded as fatalities, and the remaining 100 still as active cases.

A long time to be ill!

9 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Just noticed that the American guests from the Diamond Princess who were repatriated in February and were 46 in number are still listed as active cases.

Also the 103 from the Grand Princess in March, 3 are recorded as fatalities, and the remaining 100 still as active cases.

A long time to be ill!

Lies damned lies and statistics!!!!

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Lies damned lies and statistics!!!!

Wrong Answer!

Go to WORLDOMETER,then/USA,/cases by county, territory or conveyance.

Also the site is doing a prediction which will be interesting, in time the result may or may not agree with you.

USA fatalities by 1st November 208.000.is the prediction

UK fatalities by the 1st November 68,000 predicted.

I hope they are very wrong!

16 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Wrong Answer!

Go to WORLDOMETER,then/USA,/cases by county, territory or conveyance.

Also the site is doing a prediction which will be interesting, in time the result may or may not agree with you.

USA fatalities by 1st November 208.000.is the prediction

UK fatalities by the 1st November 68,000 predicted.

I hope they are very wrong!

As useful as that website is, it's only as good as the info that's fed into it.  For example, there are no cases for Spain or France on there for the last two weekends. 

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

As useful as that website is, it's only as good as the info that's fed into it.  For example, there are no cases for Spain or France on there for the last two weekends. 

They do not report at weekends!

2 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

What happens to those figures then? The Monday update certainly wasn't higher to include any cases from the weekend. Or do they not do any testing over a weekend? 

No idea.

Was not part of my post.

8 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Thought you might know given that you knew about them not reporting at weekends, yet that doesn't seem to be common knowledge. No worries. Thanks for your most helpful information. 

It is if you follow the site.

Also it was reported as such, elsewhere, cannot recall where!

42 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Thought you might know given that you knew about them not reporting at weekends, yet that doesn't seem to be common knowledge. No worries. Thanks for your most helpful information. 

Whilst taking a note from the web site I also came across a story by CNBC Monday 23rd March.

Which headline said that CDC says Coronavirus RNA, found in Princess Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after passengers left.

But I then noted a correction, which said: This story was updated to reflect that SARS-CoV-2 RNA, not the live virus was identified on surfaces in Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after the cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess.

Phew-- that,s all right then!

Edited by mercury7289
correction

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Whilst taking a note from the web site I also came across a story by CNBC Monday 23rd March.

Which headline said that CDC says Coronavirus RNA, found in Princess Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after passengers left.

But I then noted a correction, which said: This story was updated to reflect that SARS-CoV-2 RNA, not the live virus was identified on surfaces in Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after the cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess.

So that,s all right then!

I'm guessing that's the dead RNA which was also the reason that some people thought they'd been reinfected for a second time. 

On 7/5/2020 at 1:48 AM, NSWP said:

Are the big ferries between England and Ireland operating? How are they handling the crisis? Have they implemented social distancing or even some of the restrictions contained in the EU Healthy Gateways report re passenger ships.?  Couple of trips I have done on the Irish Ferries, they were always packed.

Ferries are running from Wales to Ireland. I recently travelled from Holyhead to Dublin on Stenaline. 

Freight was  very busy but car/foot passengers limited. On check in we were handed a face mask and told we would be directed when to wear on board by crew. Oddly no crew were wearing masks and not once were we asked to wear them. Three and a half hours each way and not even once. They were serving food as normal.