Ventura - riviera deck balcony cabin

Castlefordtc

Hi all. I’m after a little help. We have a cruise on P&O Ventura next year for 2 weeks. We’ve booked a balcony cabin on a early saver fare so cabin will be allocated on arrival but been advised it’s a HC grade so could only be L or R deck but looking at plan no 3+ cabins on L. We’ve been looking for photos of the cabin set up to sleep 3 and can’t find any on the rivera deck but been advised that they look the same as deck A & C. Question is does the beds have be set as twin with the Pullman. I don’t know how I feel about sleeping in a single bed for 2 weeks. Any help will be great and I really appreciate any support. Thanks all 

028C9CEF-1A23-4849-A461-1176A4D3072D.jpeg

I believe the standard balcony cabins with pullman bunks do have to be set up as single beds, but it has been suggested that a quiet word with your steward might get him to set it up as a double, but probably only in a 3 berth.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Castlefordtc said:

Thank you so much for the tip how will I know if my allocated cabin is a 3 berth (sorry if that’s a stupid question) 

From your initial post I assumed you were a family of 3 and needed a 3 berth, if there are only 2 of you then a Queen configuration is perfectly acceptable, if you are 3 then even in a 4 berth you would only need to use one bunk. 

The picture Is of a cabin with 2 Pullman beds. Not sure where the 1 Pullman bed is located for a 3 bed cabin, but would think it’s by the wardrobe wall. Therefore might be possible to have a double bed configuration if your steward is willing. Would mean having to duck under it though to get into bed from that side 90884459-0AFA-455C-AC31-4C2283107D0E.thumb.png.7a5aa737d1403a2cad373e1a5edacef9.png

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

From your initial post I assumed you were a family of 3 and needed a 3 berth, if there are only 2 of you then a Queen configuration is perfectly acceptable, if you are 3 then even in a 4 berth you would only need to use one bunk. 

Yes we are a family of 3. Sorry it was my none understand of what a ‘berth’ was. Y