our "Last Seabourn Cruise"

raphael360

Since none of us are able to cruise at present, and who knows when we can, I, for one, enjoyed reading of Raphael's plight. As the original poster put it, why not now?  Why indeed not? It is a cautionary tale of how a business can lose a previously loyal customer, and the OP related a problem that could happen to anyone of us--if we get back to sea--and which may have happened, in one way or another, to other people.

In my view, its not usually the problem itself which causes much angst. It is how the company handles the problem. That is the acid test.  In this case, if one accepts what the OP described, and I have no reason not to accept what is cogently described, then Seabourn did not handle the problem well at all. Even the cheerleaders must agree that this was not well handled.

The explanation of the OP as to why things took so long I also accept. Typically one would be hopeful and would give the ship an opportunity to fix the problem. The only difference is that by early day 3 I think that I would be at the door of the hotel director, escalating the problem to him/her, and expecting at that point quick resolution or an arranged return trip home. I'm not saying for sure, because, after all, its a holiday, one wants to enjoy it, inertia is often a powerful force, and the hotel director may ask for a day, another day, one more, etc. But, I hope I would be more insistent, earlier, should it happen to me.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 9:01 AM, ON cruiser said:

Since none of us are able to cruise at present, and who knows when we can, I, for one, enjoyed reading of Raphael's plight. As the original poster put it, why not now?  Why indeed not? It is a cautionary tale of how a business can lose a previously loyal customer, and the OP related a problem that could happen to anyone of us--if we get back to sea--and which may have happened, in one way or another, to other people.

In my view, its not usually the problem itself which causes much angst. It is how the company handles the problem. That is the acid test.  In this case, if one accepts what the OP described, and I have no reason not to accept what is cogently described, then Seabourn did not handle the problem well at all. Even the cheerleaders must agree that this was not well handled.

The explanation of the OP as to why things took so long I also accept. Typically one would be hopeful and would give the ship an opportunity to fix the problem. The only difference is that by early day 3 I think that I would be at the door of the hotel director, escalating the problem to him/her, and expecting at that point quick resolution or an arranged return trip home. I'm not saying for sure, because, after all, its a holiday, one wants to enjoy it, inertia is often a powerful force, and the hotel director may ask for a day, another day, one more, etc. But, I hope I would be more insistent, earlier, should it happen to me.  

Thank you for your kind and well worded reply. 

I was Seabourn’s #1 cheerleader because I thoroughly loved every day I spent aboard their ships (until this cruise).  Up until this experience Seabourn never disappointed us - ever.