Sea World vs Port Canaveral

pt in ct

Hi! We will be docking in Port Canaveral while on the NCL Spirit. Which would be a better excursion for us, Sea World or Kennedy Space Center? We have 2 kids. DD 6 and DS 8.

Also, does anyone think that booking either of these ahead of time is necessary (through the ship) or are we safe to say that we can book once on the ship?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I'm a little prejudice because I grew up there and my father worked at Cape Canaveral in the 60's so of course I would choose KSC. I took my sons when they were 5 & 8 and they absolutely loved it. Sea World is very nice too, but it is an hour bus ride away in good traffic which would be a long day for the kids. I don't know if there is an advantage to booking early. We have done it both ways and have never disappointed. Have fun planning.

We did Seaworld this past fall when docked on "Grandeur".. it was great! I think this would be more fun w/ kids- and its not as tiring/ overwhelming as Disney. They had great shows- ask a guest svcs rep to help you plan the day when you get there so you can do the top attractions. Great rollercoaster too!..

We did Sea World in San Diego in Dec. Two adults and had a ball. Full day necessary. We also did KSC 4 years ago and enjoyed it immensely. Both a good choice. There are 3 Sea Worlds and only 1 KSC. Either one you will enjoy them. Ask the kids!!

Hi! We will be docking in Port Canaveral while on the NCL Spirit. Which would be a better excursion for us, Sea World or Kennedy Space Center? We have 2 kids. DD 6 and DS 8.

Also, does anyone think that booking either of these ahead of time is necessary (through the ship) or are we safe to say that we can book once on the ship?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I was just at KSC in September 2005. I have been quite a few times before, when my children where younger, then when they were teens. My hubby and I went this time. They have made many changes and are trying to make it more like a theme park, but they have a long way to go. It IS very nice, and a great place to see, but the kids will not be as excited. I saw many, many small kids, kids your kids ages, and a little older. I am sorry to say that they were very, very board. I really felt bad for the families that were there, there is very little to keep the young ones interest, and it is a very expensive day. I would highly recommend that you go to Sea World, they will have a much more enjoyable day. Again, you asked for opinions, and that is just mine.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this....we will definitely take all of this into consideration and try to make a good decision.

One reason that we are leaning to KSC is that next year we will be going to the Orlando area and will have more time for Sea World. Not really sure that 6 hours or so (as given by NCL) is enough time to really enjoy it, KWIM? On the other hand, we don't want them to be bored at KSC....although my DD 6 is really into space right now!:)

We take all our out of state/out of country visitors to KSC as well as Orlando.

Couple of points - I think Sea World is over priced for what it is and always choose a Disney Park or Islands of Adventure when we go, and our visits always include staying overnight so we can go to the Space Center,

KSC is close to the port, so you can spend more time there - Sea World is an hour away. I think kids 8 and up get so much out of KSC, the tram tours are excellent, and it is really neat to see them working on the space station (recently reopened to the public after 9/11). There is lots for them to touch and see up close, and the IMAX is fantastic. Also it is a huge part of our modern history. A 6 yr old would probably like Sea World better, but the whole family would enjoy KSC. Just my thoughts.

Archived