Cabanas on the Regatta?

joedebnh

They are on the ship and it seems as though I read they are $500 per person or $1000 for 2 of you for the entire cruise. Perhaps if they are not completely rented then they will do a "per diem". I do not know what that charge would be as I believe they do try to rent them for the full cruise first. It appears as though they are filled to capacity on some routes and not used at all on others - just from what others are saying on posts.

There were some pix posted, maybe someone else can tell you where to look. And, I think they might only be on the Regatta and Nautica so far.

Seems someone said the Insignia goes in for some refurbishing in April and will have them added at that time.

I certainly defer to your knowledge regarding the cabanas. I called the Oceania office and was told - "We make every attempt to sell for the full cruise first and that charge is $500 per person or $1000 for the cabin."

In our case that number is 2, husband and I. She told me if any remained at the time of departure they would be sold on a daily basis, $50 port days, and $100 sea days, but she also reinforced that was per person.

Perhaps I got a new staff person, and I realize this is a relatively new service. Our cruise is 10 days and $500 would make it $50 per day if we took it for the full cruise, which seems unlikely to me. I would think it would be more - I'd like it if it weren't, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Thanks for pointing out this error. I'm going to call again.

Archived