Ship Suggestions!

Browneyedhunni85

Hi, I've been doing some research on prices and ships. Just wondering what anyone thinks about the following ships:

*Fantasy (Carnival)

*Sensation (Carnival)

*Celebration (Carnival)

*Sovereign of the seas (Royal Caribbean)

We are planning our FIRST cruise for August 2006. We are going to do a 4-5 night cruise. Everyone that are planning on going are meeting Saturday for lunch to discuss our final plans and make a decision. There will be approx 6 or 7 people going. Our desired destination is the Bahamas. We will be driving to our port also. I also was wondering if we should use Carnival or Royal Caribbean? We want a fun ship that has younger people too. 4 of the 6 or 7 people are 18-22 years of age. Thanks everyone for any advice or suggestions you may give. Everything will be helpful!:)

Those under age 21 won't be able to cruise without a parent or guardian. That's the rule for most cruise lines, especially for Carnival and Royal Caribbean. They have a hard and fast rule that anyone under age 21 must cruise with a parent or guardian, or if they don't have a parent with them, they must have an adult age 25 or older in the cabin with them. You need to do some serious thinking about this cruise since the younger ones won't be able to cruise. Plus, if you have someone age 25 and older to be in the same cabin with the underage kids, they must have a signed and notorized letter of permission, from both their parents, giving the 25 year old permission to take them on a cruise and make emergency decisions for them. If they don't have that letter, they will be denied boarding and they won't get a refund of their cruise fare.

Also, the under age kids won't be able to drink (for beer and wine the parents must be on board with them and sign a waiver because the general drinking age is 21 but for beer and wine they allow 18 year olds to drink only if their parents are present and sign a waiver) and if they are caught drinking they, and the person who bought them the alcohol, will be thrown off the ship at the next port.

Royal Caribbean will allow you to book under 21s in a cabin as long as there is somebody at least 21 years old, so Royal Caribbean's Sovereign of the Seas is probably your best bet, but you would have to book at least one 21 year old in each cabin. She was my first cruise so I'm kind of partial to her. Also, Royal Caribbean will let 18 and up drink beer and wine with parental permission.

My mother will be on board the ship for me and my sister. There is also another older female going with us. The only 2 people that arent kin to use are the 18 and 22 year old. I just dont see how a 21 year old adult should have to get permission from his parents to go on a cruise...thats the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I will be rooming with my boyfriend...he will be 22 when we take the cruise. Does anyone know how many people can room in one cabin?

My mother will be on board the ship for me and my sister. There is also another older female going with us. The only 2 people that arent kin to use are the 18 and 22 year old. I just dont see how a 21 year old adult should have to get permission from his parents to go on a cruise...thats the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I will be rooming with my boyfriend...he will be 22 when we take the cruise. Does anyone know how many people can room in one cabin?

It's the under 21 year olds that have the problems. Above 21 you are okay and are free and clear to partake in all activities aboard ship. It is the ones that are at least 18 but aren't yet 21 that are in limbo land. RCI will allow them to drink beer and wine (with permission) and gamble, unlike a lot of other lines.

They just want to be able to go on the cruise. My mom wouldnt allow them to drink if they are under 21 anyways. My mom should be considered the guardian. The parent of the 18 year olds knows about her going on a cruise. So let me make this clear....anyone under 21 cannot be on the ship unless they are with their parents?

They just want to be able to go on the cruise. My mom wouldnt allow them to drink if they are under 21 anyways. My mom should be considered the guardian. The parent of the 18 year olds knows about her going on a cruise. So let me make this clear....anyone under 21 cannot be on the ship unless they are with their parents?

It doesn't have to be with their parents, anyone under 21 years old has to be booked in a cabin with somebody over a certain age - on Royal Caribbean that age is 21, on Carnival it is 25.

Okay I was beginning to get worried that she wouldnt be allowed to go with us. Do you know how many people can room in together on carnival?

Depends on the ship and the room. You'll just have to call and see what's available.

Anyone over 18 can get on the ship without parental permission..... In order to book a room everyone in the room must be over 21.... if anyone in the room is under 21 then someone in the room must be 25. These are the rules on Carnival anyhow. I agree with your mother not letting them drink until 21....I had my daughter on a cruise last year she is 20.... I didn't let her drink, except maybe a few sips out of mine at the shows. She could gamble and do anything else on the cruise just not drink....

We were on the Fantasy and had a wonderful time. In Freeport my youngest,14, and her dad went on the dolphin encounter....my older daughter and I went on the kayak and snorkel excursion to Petersen Caye.....both were around $90 and both worth it. In Nassau we all went on the Stingray at Pearl Island Excursion, the stingrays are cool....about $45 per person....then took a taxi over to Atlantis and saw the aquariums...took a limo back to the pier for the same price as a taxi ....it was a fun day...

That was my first cruise and we enjoyed the Fantasy.

Archived