Zenith Cruisers: Outside Cat 8 Without Lifebsoat View

moondoggie

OK, thanks to all CC'ers who solved my puzzle about Outside Cabin pricing on Zenith. So, if we want a Cat 8 on the Bahamas Deck, are there any cabins with decent (i.e. less obstructed) views? We need two cabins.

Thanks!

Get your magnifying glass out and look at Zenith pix. The first 2-3 cabins from front have metal railing catwalk outside where the inflatable crew lifeboat barrels are stored. There are some railings to look past. We have grabbed these cabins on two Horizon trips, esp the cabin that adjoined a CAT 4 next door. We saved about $140pp. Of course, to this day, DW refers to obstructed view cabin while I refer to it as bargain partial view cabin.:D

If you take one of those forward cabins and want a queen bed setup, you should look closely at the layout because some of them are double bed only. Only 9006, 08,10, 12, 11, 15 and 17 have convertable twins (to queen). All the others forward have a double bed. We had 9008 last spring and it was fine. Once in a while a crewman would walk by on the catwalk but no real problem.

Archived