Credit and Refunds for cancelled cruises

drbru001

Hello everyone.  Im looking for some good advice on how to handle NCL administratively.  Our family had multiple cruises booked that were cancelled.  We received only one cruise credited. I have been through the ringer and cant get a reasonable response as to why... 

1. I have not been credited for all my NCL cancelled cruises

2. Why the credits that were given have been washed clean from my online account.

All I get from the accounting or customer service department is that they are busy and that they dont know when they will appear on my account.  ITs been 120 days since the last cruise was cancelled.  I certainly believe I have been reasonable in waiting this long.  Does anyone have any idea besides litigation that could speed up the process with NCL getting my credits due and posted?

Thanks Kindly!

One thing I wonder if you realise.   They tend to do refunds/credits in the actual cruise order so if you have credits for cruises scheduled in this month October you will be behind those who had cruises scheduled in July, August and then September.   

They do have LOTS of cruises that have been cancelled.   I'm afraid you will have to be patient.

19 hours ago, drbru001 said:

Hello everyone.  Im looking for some good advice on how to handle NCL administratively.  Our family had multiple cruises booked that were cancelled.  We received only one cruise credited. I have been through the ringer and cant get a reasonable response as to why... 

2. Why the credits that were given have been washed clean from my online account.

All I get from the accounting or customer service department is that they are busy and that they dont know when they will appear on my account.  ITs been 120 days since the last cruise was cancelled.  I certainly believe I have been reasonable in waiting this long.  Does anyone have any idea besides litigation that could speed up the process with NCL getting my credits due and posted?

Thanks Kindly!

Dispute with your credit card company. That will get their attnetion.

• Like 1

Our experience was that they processed FCC's and added to our account rapidly --- heck, they want everyone to use those for a future cruise so those should be processed fast.

If you filled out the forms to get your money credited back to the original form of payment, they claimed those would take 90 days time.  Currently, NCL has this on their FAQ's about credits.

image.png.98f31bc3a68d8e68cd3f8f926bd91bb8.png

Based on this, I too would expect refunds of currently suspended cruises to be paid back to your CC at this point if that was requested through their forms. 

If that has not happened for you yet, you should submit a dispute with your CC company and reference this exact FAQ response from NCL's website.  (https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings)

Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruises in November 2020 through March 2021 will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the original form of a payment for the amount paid within 25 days. Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account which is valid for one year from date of issue, and can be used for any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022 and is combinable with any FCCs and all future promotions at time of booking.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:46 PM, drbru001 said:

Thanks Kindly!

I assume you know (but incase you don't) each guest gets their portion of the fare credited to their latitudes account irrespective of who made the booking and made the payments.