Fridays Fun Video

Laszlo

February 2018, 14 Day cruise on the BA out of NYC. Crazy cold the Friday night we left. I think it was around 12F. I was worried my camera would freeze I mounted to our balcony railing. We were supposed to leave at 4pm. But for whatever reason we did not leave unit after 7pm. The cruise before us was very slow getting off. People were still coming down the ramps at Noon, bags were still being loaded at 6pm

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

February 2018, 14 Day cruise on the BA out of NYC. Crazy cold the Friday night we left. I think it was around 12F. I was worried my camera would freeze I mounted to our balcony railing. We were supposed to leave at 4pm. But for whatever reason we did not leave unit after 7pm. The cruise before us was very slow getting off. People were still coming down the ramps at Noon, bags were still being loaded at 6pm

Great video Laszlo, thanks for posting. Maybe the extreme cold weather affected other pax's transportation getting to the port & the ship (even if there's no snow/ice involved, extreme cold wx can "throw a wrench" in people's travel plans, i.e. planes delayed, etc).

Cruising out of The Big Apple looks awesome, especially at night with all the buildings lit up. I'm very interested in a 12 day southern caribbean cruise on another cruise line out of NYC (actually Bayonne, NJ) but with the way things are in NYC these days, I'm leary. I've never been to NYC, so I was interested in spending a few days around there pre-cruise, to tour and see the sights.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Great video Laszlo, thanks for posting. Maybe the extreme cold weather affected other pax's transportation getting to the port & the ship (even if there's no snow/ice involved, extreme cold wx can "throw a wrench" in people's travel plans, i.e. planes delayed, etc).

Cruising out of The Big Apple looks awesome, especially at night with all the buildings lit up. I'm very interested in a 12 day southern caribbean cruise on another cruise line out of NYC (actually Bayonne, NJ) but with the way things are in NYC these days, I'm leary. I've never been to NYC, so I was interested in spending a few days around there pre-cruise, to tour and see the sights.

Thanks! We Love NYC, so many things to do and see.....not really right now but in time. We live outside of Philly and used to make 4-5 day trips a year to NYC since its only 90 minutes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Thanks! We Love NYC, so many things to do and see.....not really right now but in time. We live outside of Philly and used to make 4-5 day trips a year to NYC since its only 90 minutes

I also used to live outside Philly (in Glenside). Never made the 90 min trip into NYC though (not sure why...). I have flown in to both La Guardia and JFK though. JFK was for our flight to Rome, Italy for a 12 day Med cruise on the then brand new Carnival Dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, farmersfight said:

I also used to live outside Philly (in Glenside). Never made the 90 min trip into NYC though (not sure why...). I have flown in to both La Guardia and JFK though. JFK was for our flight to Rome, Italy for a 12 day Med cruise on the then brand new Carnival Dream.

Thats too funny, we live in Wyndmoor! I grew up in Oreland, spend a few years in Florida and moved back here

• Like 1