Rebooking until May - Brilliance - Cabin 8168 question

Finally decided I am not rising our 11/30 sailing (paid for in full of course) and all the uncertainty with cruises and also travel to FL is highly frowned upon at work (I'd have to use my own sick time to quarantine upon return).  SO.... we are canceling, taking the Cruise with Confidence credit (not sure if I want to wait for Royal to cancel and get more or not since I do want choice of cabins, which leads into my question).  Yesterday, 9256 corner aft was available.  It took FOREVER for an agent to get back to me, and so, of course, the cabin is booked.  Directly below it is 8168.  Is it just as "good" as 9256 for anyone who has experience with both?  On the deck plan maps it looks as if there's a stairway next to it (??) whereas 9256 does not have that illustrated.  I'm completely bummed about missing out on 9256.  Also, is Deck 8 to be avoided?  I figure I could just grab a regular aft cabin (9660?) instead of 8168 which is currently "on hold" for me.  Of course, the way things work out this cruise is not the ship I want, but costs more - so I already feel disappointed in a sense.  Which is the reason I don't want to wait Royal out on the 125% credit instead (all the cabins I'd want will likely be gone by the time that decision is made, if it gets made).  These times are so frustrating. (BTW, I didn't do lift and shift for several reasons -- first, I have a 2021 cruise already booked for the same time period and I can't do a back to back and the itinerary I have is not being offered for the 4 week time period for lift and shift anyway).

Both good Cabins, stayed over 200+ nites in these. Yes there is an Emergency stairway next to both, except for Employees using it through the day Guests are not allowed. Both Balcony's larger side to side but 9256 is little bigger. Nice thing in  these 2 is nobody next to you on one side, quiet usually cant hear anyone over aft water noise while ship is moving. Some would prefer other Cabins as these have no over hang shade 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Great - this is helpful.  Is the difference in size just a small difference, as I would assume?  I wasn't concerned about using those steps - just that it might cut into the balcony size.  This will be our first aft!  The shade part doesn't concern me so much since my husband and I are both sun worshipers and it might be a good place to catch some rays if the pool area is too crowded or loud.  

2 hours ago, birdlord said:

Great - this is helpful.  Is the difference in size just a small difference, as I would assume?  I wasn't concerned about using those steps - just that it might cut into the balcony size.  This will be our first aft!  The shade part doesn't concern me so much since my husband and I are both sun worshipers and it might be a good place to catch some rays if the pool area is too crowded or loud.  

You can walk side to side in either wider then the cabins but 9256 is defiantly deeper, at least 2 ft but I'd take 8168 any day if 9256 wasnt available. Also besides the reg chairs found on other reg Balconies these 2 have lay down lounge chairs. Like said some dont like the lack of shade in these...

Edited by ONECRUISER