Alaska 2022?

Cruzinnana47

Any guess on when itineraries for Alaska sailings in 2022 may be posted?  Have one booked now for May, 2021, but would like the option of possibly moving deposit over to a 2022 sailing, if things aren't much improved by early 2021 as far as Covid is concerned.  Realize everything is pretty much up in the air right now.

TIA.

6 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Any guess on when itineraries for Alaska sailings in 2022 may be posted?  Have one booked now for May, 2021, but would like the option of possibly moving deposit over to a 2022 sailing, if things aren't much improved by early 2021 as far as Covid is concerned.  Realize everything is pretty much up in the air right now.

TIA.

I've heard late October or early to mid November. They are still trying to finalize cruise changes for 2021. I'm waiting for Alaska or Hawaii from Vancouver in 2022.

If they hold to the pattern of the last few years they would be out in mid/late November to early December. Alaska has some of the earliest and most consistent booking patterns of any destination, so less likely to be delayed vs other destinations. That said it could slip to January/February of 2021 for release. 

2 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

We have our fingers crossed from more options from LA 

I would not expect much. 2019 did not sell well, and 2020 had a reduced schedule compared to 2019. 2021 was further reduced both in number of departures and ship size (original deployment on Sun for only 4 sailings, now on Crown for only 2 sailings.

The sailings from LA are not as popular due to the number of days (usually 3 in each direction) at sea with only minimal gain in the number of ports as compared to a 10 day from San Francisco or Seattle/Vancouver.  I’d rather see Princess offer a 10 to 14 day sailing round trip from either Seattle or Vancouver with 6-8 ports and 2 Glacier viewing days (similar to what HAL has traditionally offered)

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

7 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I would not expect much. 2019 did not sell well, and 2020 had a reduced schedule compared to 2019. 2021 was further reduced both in number of departures and ship size (original deployment on Sun for only 4 sailings, now on Crown for only 2 sailings.

The sailings from LA are not as popular due to the number of days (usually 3 in each direction) at sea with only minimal gain in the number of ports as compared to a 10 day from San Francisco or Seattle/Vancouver.  I’d rather see Princess offer a 10 to 14 day sailing round trip from either Seattle or Vancouver with 6-8 ports and 2 Glacier viewing days (similar to what HAL has traditionally offered)

All good points, but how important not flying will be to people remains to be seen.  The San Pedro cruise port is an easy drive for over 16.5 million people (LA & San Diego metro areas) and we have several friends that drive over from Arizona and southern Nevada for cruises, so maybe another 10 million.  That is a heck of a lot of folks, some of those, may have flown in the past and now prefer not to if there is another option.  Our last San Pedro cruise we had a couple at our table that drove to the port from central Texas.  

Princess is positioning the Crown in San Pedro for the entire summer next year for Mexico and Coastals. Those have not been offered in recent history, if ever, during the summer. 

This are interesting times  (not in a good way)