Ques. re: sun rooms 1001 and 1002

sr5242

I need some reassurance, please!:confused:

I surprised my parents with upgrades for my dh and I and for my folks also. Booked 1001 for us and 1002 for them. And of course my mom the negative nancy said "well something must be wrong that these rooms were available" :(

and of course I am now second guessing myself and worrying that the location will be too loud with the band above us and I'll spend the entire cruise listening to her bellyache. :mad:

if someone who has experience with these rooms can just please let me know they are nice and enjoyable for travel.:o

Thanks so much!

I also have a question about 1002 on the Sun regarding balcony furniture. I have seen pictures and read comments about the size of the balcony chairs in an BA. I'm looking for someone that has first hand experience on what actually exsist on this particular balcony. There are some TA websights that have conflicting info. I'm traveling with a larger person and those blue and white chairs might not do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ry

I need some reassurance, please!:confused:

I surprised my parents with upgrades for my dh and I and for my folks also. Booked 1001 for us and 1002 for them. And of course my mom the negative nancy said "well something must be wrong that these rooms were available" :(

and of course I am now second guessing myself and worrying that the location will be too loud with the band above us and I'll spend the entire cruise listening to her bellyache.

if someone who has experience with these rooms can just please let me know they are nice and enjoyable for travel.

Thanks so much!

Look at it this way it must be a terrible location it is right next to the owners suite:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

We had 1001 for the Jan 21 cruise and upselled to AB 8203. We knew the people who got 1001 and visited them. It is actually bigger than the ones on the side of the ship. You will enjoy them both. Relax.....

can I ask, how much extra was the AB? did NCL call you or did you call them?

We had 1201 which was next door and exactly the same as 1001

1201 was a lovely suite .We had friends in 1209 so we could compare cabins with the regular AE suites . It was at least 2 feet wider , and had an extra wall unit and desk . There were lots of electrical outlets so we never had to use the power bar we brought. The usual AE balcony has room only for two small plastic chairs and a little table .1201 balcony has 2 loungers ,2 nice comfortable chairs and 2 little tables and a wooden deck floor.There is a railing so you can sit down and look out to sea .It is completely private and no one can see you from the open observation deck unless you are looking over the rail .It has large sliding glass doors.

There is loads of storage and hanging space.

The bathroom was large and very well appointed with a little dressing table .Vilma and Fernando are the wonderful room Stewards .They were helpful and unobtrusive.

We could hear a little music in the bathroom sometimes from the lounge above but never in the main part of the suite which is really under the outside deck .

I worried about the wind at the front too and did some research on the web and for the most part it was not a problem for anyone. Our week however was exceptional for rough seas and wind .The top front of the ship does take the brunt of it , but the rest of the ship did not get a lot of relief from it that week .We were asked to turn out our balcony light at night as it was a distraction to the bridge

No real perks from being near the owners suite . There is no butler service with the mini suite which we would never use anyway, and we really did not benefit from the conscierge .We prefer to make our own dinner reservations which we did every morning with no problems since we eat late . To be honest with you if it was not for the cc boards we would not have known that we were eligible for VIP check in , tendering and VIP baggage handling on de-embarkation [ That was handy as we had an early flight home and we are not US citizens] Conscierge services were very pleasant and well intentioned , but in the end we had to do all the follow through ourselves .

I will post pictures of the suite when I am at my home computer

1201 pctures .The passengers in 1002 balcony room should get the same perks as you do since you are together

Attached Imagesjpg.gifnorwegiansun_jan_06_001.jpg (84.2 KB, 16 views)jpg.gifnorwegiansun_jan_06_069.jpg (92.3 KB, 15 views)jpg.gifnorwegiansun_jan_06_070.jpg (95.1 KB, 15 views)jpg.gifnorwegiansun_jan_06_067.jpg (58.8 KB, 12 views)jpg.gifnorwegiansun_jan_06_071.jpg (80.4 KB, 12 views)

thank you for all the replies- another question: room descriptions list 1001/1201 as having beds hat create a queen, but other travelers have described it as a king- which is correct? I would love a king. also, for the egg crate mattress for the sofa bed- how long did that take to be delivered?

thanks in advance!

I've also stayed in 1201 and agree with the other poster's comments about the noise. You basically heard very faint music when you were in the bathroom. That was it. Ah...there's nothing like being quietly serenaded when answering Nature's call....LOL.:p

We did have some noise on our first night with the chairs banging against each other. We eliminated that problem by leaving them unstacked.

Getting an egg crate mattress was no problem. We mentioned it to our steward and it was there that evening.

The wind was not an issue. When you look a photos of the Sun you will notice that the balconies on the front are designed to deflect most of it from you.

You will enjoy the larger cabin and balcony for sure!

sr5242: In response to your inquiry about our upsell, I would have to start with our first cabin - a D catagory, which NCL upgraded to #1001AE for no charge. We then were offered an upsell to AB 8203 for $275pp, which we took. Very enjoyable. Hi Sandra D (tbone)

Archived