FCC or refund

youngncruzin90

We were booked on the Nov 1st Breeze cruise that has now been cancelled and are trying to decide whether to take the FCC or just get a refund. I’m wondering if we decided to take the FCC but then later decided on a refund, would it be given? Anyone have experience with this during this pandemic?

18 minutes ago, youngncruzin90 said:

We were booked on the Nov 1st Breeze cruise that has now been cancelled and are trying to decide whether to take the FCC or just get a refund. I’m wondering if we decided to take the FCC but then later decided on a refund, would it be given? Anyone have experience with this during this pandemic?

Once you pick FCC or refund that's what you get. Can't switch from one to the other.

And of course the cruiselines want you to pick the FCC to keep your money.

ok.  so ..we were booked on Magic in March...that obviously got cancelled...we rebooked that for November 14..  After rebooking for November, we bokked another cruise for next Oct. 21 to Bermuda...  With me so far??  :-)     NOW the November Magic cruise was cancelled also so we can do refund or FCC..  My question  is since we already have the Bermuda cruise booked,  can we simply move the funds and OBC to that cruise and not rebook a whole other cruise at this time??

Hope i explained that simple enough :-)

Thanks in advance for any educated feedback :-)

23 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Yet, they will return every single dollar.

OP asked if they could switch once they decided, so the only way to receive “every single dollar” is for refund. 

She can’t say FCC then change her mind. Standing by my they want you to take FCC, rather than issue refund.

2 hours ago, soapbxking said:

ok.  so ..we were booked on Magic in March...that obviously got cancelled...we rebooked that for November 14..  After rebooking for November, we bokked another cruise for next Oct. 21 to Bermuda...  With me so far??  🙂    NOW the November Magic cruise was cancelled also so we can do refund or FCC..  My question  is since we already have the Bermuda cruise booked,  can we simply move the funds and OBC to that cruise and not rebook a whole other cruise at this time??

Hope i explained that simple enough 🙂

Thanks in advance for any educated feedback 🙂

Yes you can. So.. I figured my Med cruise was getting canceled, and booked a replacement for a year out before it was. I also figured.. I liked this cruise and the price so I would take it anyways evening if the other cruise wasn't canceled! 

Well when my 1st cruise was cancelled, I was able to move everything over to the other cruise. I did run into some issues, but that was partially my fault, mostly Carnivals. I was on their easy pay program, they kept charging me AFTER I paid in full for 3 months, Covid hit and they told me 12-16 weeks for my $ back and it turned into a MESS, but it all got straightened out in the end. The $600 OBC was applied, and they actually threw in another $100 OBC because of the mess they made of it all. 

As for the OP once you pick one you are stuck with that choice. Best bet really is to wait until the last minute to decide if you are willing to wait that long for a possible refund. Though it does seem like there was law suits in the works about this type of thing with I believe it was NCL, maybe Royal I didn't care enough TBH to remember exactly. Generally they will probably go no where, but who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aubreysmom09 said:

Yes, I was able to move our funds from our cancelled July cruise to our Xmas cruise. I did not get the OBC though since it was not a new cruise. 

well..  i ahve heard two different responses to this now 😞  hmmmmmm  one says OBC will go over once not 😞

13 hours ago, soapbxking said:

well..  i ahve heard two different responses to this now 😞  hmmmmmm  one says OBC will go over once not 😞

I have had the FCC and OBC moved to a previously booked cruise multiple times (like 7 or 8 times) since March of this year without any issues.  Ive never been asked to move it to a "new" cruise.

15 hours ago, Aubreysmom09 said:

Yes, I was able to move our funds from our cancelled July cruise to our Xmas cruise. I did not get the OBC though since it was not a new cruise. 

This surprises me and has not been my experience. 

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer