RCI Insurance?

Netnurse31

I usually book with a discount TA who provide thier own insurance which I always buy. I have booked directly with RCI this time around and I'm curious how many of you purchase their insurance plan or purchase a different type of plan. What travel insurance companies have you used? If you have used RCI insurance or another company what type of coverage do they provide?

covers cruiselines (RCCL, Princess, Celebrity) and I phoned them on their coverage which #1 in my book is WEATHER. A blizzard will close airports, as does a hurricane, and they classify it as ACT OF GOD so no coverage. 2 years ago we had an XMas cruise. Xmas eve we got 3 feet of snow overnight & Hopkins was closed & we couldn't drive in our SUV to the airport since the streets were horrible. CSA credited everything! Just phoned them to say airport closed, flights cancelled, can't drive there yet. 5 hours later they were told no flights that day due to power failure also, so we were all set. Took the money back...... Booked the same cruise for 5 months later at half the price!

CSA is ours for 20 cruises & they cover stuff I never thought of claiming....... (my hardshell luggage 30" had 2 holes diagonal to each other that Continental refused to pay for. I mentioned it talking to the rep & they paid $100 to replace it. I purchased a bracelet & the next day 3 stones fell out, store refused to credit it. CSA did! They also have Fraud protection that paid me back for charges on my Citibank MC that Citibank wouldn't cover since I was there on vacation. So we closed that card! Bye Bye Citibank!

Archived