Shore Excursions

butterfly2

If you are going to book with a private tour company such as Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman do you have to make reservations in advance, or can you just walk over to their store and request the next tour leaving on a Stingray City & snorkel tour? We are just not sure yet about booking with a private company vs. ships tour. To make reservations ahead of time you need to give your credit card number. How safe is that? What if your ship is late getting in or if it can't get in at all. I hear that happens quite often.

Thanks!

I booked with Capt. Marvin a few years back. I'm not sure what info I needed to provide in advance. I'm sure he'll advise you of his policy in the event the ship is delayed. I can comment that his tour was much more personalized that the ship tour. In fact the ship tour looked like a cattle herding with all the people waiting to get on/off the ship(Stingray City). Capt. Marvin only takes about 10-12 people and stops at a great snorkeling site that the ship does not stop at.

DH and I booked our hike the day before on the ship. We were not sure what we wanted to do, that or snorkel but decided to snorkel some other time. They have lots of tour reps at the docks at each port so don't worry too much. Do what sounds fun but keep in mind that with tendering at alot of ports now after the distruction, there might be time problems.

Archived